Makeup artist, Sammy Mourabit, got inspiration for Katy Perry’s V Magazine cover from the iconic Betty Page, "I wanted to pay homage to her bombshell beauty look, giving Katy that va va voom factor!" Read below to reveal the beauty tips Sammy used to create the look!
"I started with the face using my finger tip to spot touch COVERGIRL’s Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation in Buff Beige #205 all over Katy’s t-zone area. The velour composition effect of the new COVERGIRL RSG Foundation allowed me to create a creamy texture on her gorgeous skin. I then used a tiny bit of the Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer on my finger tip and gently dabbed under Katy’s eyes, and on the outer corners, as well as little around the nose.
I then finished the face, by sculpting Katy’s cheek bones with the truMAGIC Sunkisser and Luminizer as well as a hint of Bombshell ShineShadow in Gold Goddess, creating a gentle dewy effect."
"For Katy’s eyes I first focused on the brows. I used COVERGIRL’s Brow and Eyemaker Pencil in Midnight Black and Brown to shape her eyebrows, creating a dramatic effect that was very important to this specific look.
I then mixed Bombshell ShineShadows in Ooh La Lilac and Copper Fling. Their rich pigment and creamy, slightly metallic texture are amazing to create an eye liner fading effect, resulting in a sexy eye look that reflects light perfectly.
I then applied the Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Crystal Flame to brighten up the inside corner of the eyes for Mademoiselle Perry.
I finished the eye look by applying Bombshell Mascara in Very Black - no false lashes needed with this mascara! Using step 1, I applied a light coat of mascara, separating the lashes. I then used step 2 in the outer upper corners for a more dramatic and intense effect."
"Finally it was time for the lips. I mixed two COVERGIRL Lip Liners together, Sublime #200 and Passion #215, creating a beautiful red and prune pigment, allowing me to contour her sexy lip look. I then used a little bit of LipPerfection in Hot #305 to create a deep red finish."
The annual Met Gala is a beauty and fashion lovers dream. A red carpet filled with the best beauty looks of the year, all curated by the top makeup artists from all around the country! There were so many amazing looks this year that I decided to create two "Best of Beauty" posts to highlight them all. First round: makeup. Enjoy!
BLAKE LIVELY: “This look is very classic but very glamorous. We wanted to nod to Charles James’ aesthetic by creating a look reminiscent of vintage Hollywood but modernize it with a muted red lip.”
Key NARS products used:
MARION COTILLARD: "The dress makes a graphic statement and we complemented it with glowing skin, iridescent eyes and richly pigmented lips," says makeup artist Christophe Danchaud.
- Danchaud used Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow in Exhibition.
- He began by applying the shimmer lilac shade all over her lids.
- He then applied the dark mauve shade in the duo close to her lash line and to the outer corner of her eye.
- He extended the mauve shade to underneath her eyes, close to the lash line.
- To lighten up his handiwork, he used a gold pigment on the lids.
- Finally, he applied several coats of mascara.
- He defined the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette.
JANNELLE MONAE: "The Met Gala is one the biggest fashion events in New York City. It’s a night where fashion meets beauty and this year my beauty was the talented Janelle Monae"
- I massaged a light weight moisturizer all over her face and along her neck. Giving the moisturizer plenty of time to penetrate the skin, I then applied a pore minimizing primer all over her face using a synthetic brush.
- Using a sponge, I applied COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation all over Janelle’s face, starting by her nose and blending upwards and outwards.
- Using my ring finger, I sparingly dabbed truBLEND Concealer under her eyes.
- To highlight and begin to give her skin dimension, I applied truMAGIC Luminizer on top of her cheek bones, down her nose and a tiny bit to her lips cupid’s bow.
- To contour her face I applied Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronze around her hair line, under her cheek bone, along the jaw bone and slightly down the sides of her nose.
- I brushed her brows into place with a clean mascara wand and using a firm angle brush, filled them in with a medium brown shadow.
- I applied a skin tone matte shadow to her lid and then, with a windshield wiper motion, applied a soft brick color, COVERGIRL Queen Collection Shadow Pot in Dazzle, to her crease with a blending brush.
- I lined her water line with Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion and then created a perfect winged look.
- I finished with false lashes and then applied two coats of the new Bombshell Curvaceous Mascara for a really dark, intense look.
LIPS AND NAILS:
- Now that her eyes and skin are finished I used a cherry red liner to define her lips, filled them in slightly and accentuated her cupid's bow.
- COVERGIRLs richly pigmented, and Janelle’s signature, LipPerfection Lipcolor in Hot #305 was then applied with a lip brush ( for ultimate precision) and an electrifying red carpet look was born!
Janelle was rocking COVERGIRL Nail Gloss in Ever Reddy on her nails!
STACY MARTIN: "Stacy is wearing a colorful Miu Miu dress with stunning embellishments so we created a fresh look to accentuate her natural beauty without competing with the dress! We created a minimalistic look with a touch of bronzy glow for a flawless finish," mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg said.
- I used Jouer Brow Fix Gel to shape the brows
- Then created a subtle cat eye using mark's Get In Line Hook Up Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner in Painted Black.
- I applied Ardell Lashes 301 to the corner of Stacy's eyes and finished with multiple coats of mark's Lash All You Want High Volume Mascara in Blackest Black.
LIPS: I completed the look by accentuating her natural lip color using mark's Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Baby Luv.
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Celebrity Looks, Get The Look
Tagged Blake Lively, celebrity makeup looks, CoverGirl, get the look, Hourglass Cosmetics, Jouer, mark celebrity makeup artist Jamie Greenberg, Mark cosmetics, Met Gala 2014, Met Gala Beauty 2014
For the opening press day for The Great Gatsby at the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival, makeup artist Georgie Eisdell created a classic beauty look for lead actress Carey Mulligan.
“It’s extremely light and sophisticated,” said Georgie Eisdell about the NARS look she created for Carey Mulligan. “We used a very fine liquid liner to create definition along her lashes, and polished the look with a light lip that has a bit of pink color but isn’t heavy.”
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- If more coverage is needed try NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- For oil skin, set with a powder such as NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
- Keep it simple and classic with a black liquid liner, George used: NARS Carpates Eyeliner Stylo
- Keep the rest of the eyelid clean. Apply two coats of black mascara
- NARS Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil
Oscar Beauty Breakdown: Jenna Dewan-Tatum
makeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams for tarte
Inspiration: "Our inspiration was iridescence. Jenna wore opals and had a hint of mother of pearl in her dress so we wanted something with a touch of shimmer."
GET THE LOOK:
FACE: "Jenna's skin is gorgeous and has that pregnancy glow so she needed very little coverage."
- Kayleen started by applying tarte's BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer in light to prepare Jenna's skin.
- Then she used Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation in tan all over her face and maracuja creaseless concealer in tan just under her eyes.
- She finished by applying tarte's Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in peaceful on the apples of her cheeks.
EYES: "We wanted something iridescent, so I mixed a lot of shimmery shadows and liner to get the look."
- Kayleen mixed Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate and plum smoke all over her lids and along the bottom lash line.
- She then used skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in onyx on the outer edges of her eyes, both top and bottom and skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in slate on the inner corners and blended them well.
- She finished by applying two coats of lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara.