For the opening press day for The Great Gatsby at the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival, makeup artist Georgie Eisdell created a classic beauty look for lead actress Carey Mulligan.
“It’s extremely light and sophisticated,” said Georgie Eisdell about the NARS look she created for Carey Mulligan. “We used a very fine liquid liner to create definition along her lashes, and polished the look with a light lip that has a bit of pink color but isn’t heavy.”
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- If more coverage is needed try NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- For oil skin, set with a powder such as NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
- Keep it simple and classic with a black liquid liner, George used: NARS Carpates Eyeliner Stylo
- Keep the rest of the eyelid clean. Apply two coats of black mascara
- NARS Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil
Oscar Beauty Breakdown: Jenna Dewan-Tatum
makeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams for tarte
Inspiration: "Our inspiration was iridescence. Jenna wore opals and had a hint of mother of pearl in her dress so we wanted something with a touch of shimmer."
GET THE LOOK:
FACE: "Jenna's skin is gorgeous and has that pregnancy glow so she needed very little coverage."
- Kayleen started by applying tarte's BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer in light to prepare Jenna's skin.
- Then she used Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation in tan all over her face and maracuja creaseless concealer in tan just under her eyes.
- She finished by applying tarte's Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in peaceful on the apples of her cheeks.
EYES: "We wanted something iridescent, so I mixed a lot of shimmery shadows and liner to get the look."
- Kayleen mixed Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate and plum smoke all over her lids and along the bottom lash line.
- She then used skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in onyx on the outer edges of her eyes, both top and bottom and skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in slate on the inner corners and blended them well.
- She finished by applying two coats of lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara.