I adore Helen Mirren. I want to be as stunningly ferocious when I grow up. To me, she is just so ridiculously cool, calm, sexy, and all around great. I think she looked stunning, confident, and amazing. Enjoy!
Cohl Katz – Makeup:
- I applied Chanel Lumiere with foundation brush.
- Bobby Brown concealer palette under eyes
- Laura Mercier shadow palette mixed with Stila shadows
- Nars charcoal pencil around eyes and soften with shadow
- Chanel rose Beige blush on cheeks
- MAC Soar lip pencil on lips with light gloss
HAIR: Jonathan Hanousek – Hair:
“Helen’s Dolce & Gabbana gold embroidered dress was very ornate so I really needed to keep the hair chic, sleek and simple. Keeping the hair off her face kept the look clean and modern”
- I started with Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion on damp hair and blew the hair back using a medium round brush to create some volume throughout the top of the head.
- Next I sprayed TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Conditioner through out the hair to give it a bit of a next day vibe.
- Then using a flatiron I pressed the hair behind the ears and below her occipital so it would lay flat.
- Next I took a dime size dollop of Davines Nº5 Mat Pliable Stucco For Wizards and worked it in my hands raking it though the hair to create separation and to anchor the hair behind her ears.
- To prevent the look from becoming a pompadour, I directed the hair into an irregular side part.
- Once the shape was in place I secured everything with Kerastase Double Force finishing hairspray.
- The final look felt fresh and easy and complimented Helen’s elaborate dress.
Jessica Biel and her delicious husband attended the Time 100 Gala, and she looked stunning with a simple bronzed eye, clean makeup and a nude lip. Jessica Biel’s hairstylist and make-up artist of the night share with us what went into Jessica’s classy look.“I thought giving her a sultry, warm-brown, smoky eye would look great with her Tom Ford dress,” dishes Beau Nelson. “The very on trend spring look of the moment is warm brown smoky eyes with orange cheeks.”
MAKEUP: Nelson used Burberry blush in Tangerine to warm up Jessica’s olive complexion. Nelson used brands from CHANEL, Tom Ford, to MAC and even L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara. The product range in price point is quite impressive. All of these different beauty products working together to create a naturally elegant look for Jessica Biel.
HAIR: Anthony Campbell is responsible to Jessica’s hairstyle for this evening. Using hairspray, thickening spray, beach spray and a one and a half inch curling iron to create a Brigitte Bardot inspired hairstyle. Anthony kept the bangs apart and pulled the front hair strands back to open Jessica’s face and neck.
Nick Barose, once again shares his magic with us! Recently, he glammed up the gorgeous Sarah Shahi, from the show Fairly Legal. The look was from premiere in NYC for her new film Bullet to the Head with Stallone.
” We went with mauvy, cool tone pinks on eyes and lips instead of the usual fresh girly pinks because we wanted a more sophisticated sexy look of cool pinks as opposed to girly, fresh faced which regular bright pink make up would create”
GET THE LOOK:
Look for icy pink with a hint of blue, cool tones in it so you can wear pink and look more grown up as opposed to overly sweet and girly.