1) Dior Diorshow Mascara Black : The original, award-winning Dior mascara that has been a backstage cult-favorite for 10 years. This mascara delivers perfectly plush, everyday glam lashes with an innovative XXL brush for maximum show-stopping volume. Its creamy, buildable, customizable formula allows you to achieve the same dramatic lash volume that can be seen on the Dior runway for a glamorous, false lash effect.
2) Benefit "They're Real!": A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. This mascara features an exclusive brush specially designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing, glossy formula revealing lashes you never knew you had! Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief.
3)Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash: A mascara that gives the lashes curl, volume, length, and intense pigment. This ultra-pigmented mascara was specially designed to give the lashes an exceptional volume-enhancing effect with infinite lengthening and immediate curling.
4) CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher: A new favorite! Beautifully Separated Lashes Clump Crusher by LashBlast mascara delivers 200% more volume with zero clumps for beautifully separated lashes. Clump crusher s innovative curved brush features a lash loading section to saturate lashes with loads of product and fine-tooth comb bristles to evenly distribute mascara.
5) Sephora Favorites Lash Stash: Can't choose? Try them all! From formulas that stretch to wands that curl to falsies that flutter, this eye-opening set features Sephora’s best mascaras along with a lash primer and set of false lashes. It includes two full-size mascaras from Smashbox and Fiberwig as well as eight bestselling deluxe-size mascaras featuring Benefit They’re Real, Lancôme Hypnôse Drama, Sephora Collection Outrageous, Tarte Lights Camera Lashes, Korres Volcanic Minerals, Buxom Lash, Clinique High Impact, and Stila Stay all Day Mascara. Also included is a bonus deluxe size of Tarte’s multipleye lash enchancer—the perfect base for any mascara. A full set of Sephora Collection Flutter Lashes is also included for the gal who just wants more.
This weekend will be all about the red carpet...it is Oscar time baby! I have always loved the glitz and glamour of the award shows, and last weekend I had the opportunity to be treated like a star. It was amazing, and fascinating all the same time. CoverGirl and Herbal Essences treated a few bloggers to a "red carpet" worthy beauty day where we got to try out some of the celebrity makeup artists favorite products. Here was the breakdown and some of their amazing tips!
CoverGirl celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey:
Jake Bailey is one of the best makeup artists in the business, and his clients include Katy Perry and Gwen Stefani. To say I was thrilled to have him paint my face is the understatement of the year! I told him about my upcoming wedding, and he gave me a classic red carpet look that was wedding worthy. He also used the same lipstick on me that he applied to Katy Perry for the Grammys... LOVE me some Tempting Toffee.
- Jake started by using a kabuki brush to buff in CoverGirl 3in1 foundation. This is his favorite foundation for red carpet because of it's fuller coverage and staying power
- Next he used Ready Set Gorgeous concealer to mask my dark circles and highlight along my nose. He says he always prefers liquid underneath the eyes instead of a cream, which can crease.
- For blush he swiped a soft, delicate peach that was subtle and perfect for everyday.
- This look was all about the eyes, and he spent most of the time tight lining my upper eyelash and creating a very subtle, yet effecting cat eye. The CoverGirl liquid eyeliner is perfect because the handle is small and allows you to get impossible close to the eyelash for maximum drama.
- For eyeshadow he swept a stunning taupe and champagne shimmer on the lid. The focus was all about the liner and lashes.
- Last, but not least, he used his famous "credit card trick" to coat my lashes and give me that false lash look. Simply place a credit card near the lash and brush upward. The lashes will push against the credit card, giving you full control and allowing you to coat every lash with mascara. He used my all time favorite CoverGirl Lash Blast!
Herbal Essences celebrity hairstyist Charles Strahan:
Charles is behind so many red carpet looks, and I can tell why he is a celebrity favorite. He instantly made me feel comfortable in his chair, and guided me through my look with such kindness, humor, and education. Let me tell you, I am always a nervous nelly when it comes to getting my hair done. I have crazy big hair, and most stylists can make me look like I am on a parade float. But not Charles! He taught me to love hair moose again, and to embrace "hair imperfection". He told me that "perfection is the enemy of a good hairstyle" and that "you want your hair to have life!". YES SIR. He gave me loose tousled waves, and introduced me to the new Wild Naturals line by Herbal Essences, which has been in my beauty rotation ever since.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch curling iron and start mid shaft. Never start your curl at the bottom or at the roots. Slowly move the curler down the hair shaft, and release. To get a looser finish, pull on the ends before the hair cools.
- Don't be afraid of hair moose. Long gone are the days of crunch curls! I loved Herbal Essences Volumizing Souffle because it gave me texture and helped the curls have movement.
- Charles also demonstrated the new spray shine and said it was a great example of hydrating the hair without weighing it down.
The first week of the New Year has already ended, and I must say that this year I am determined to stick to my resolutions! I know, I know.....never happens. But, I know that now more than ever I am appreciate of my health and all the opportunities that this year is going to bring, so I want to be in the best shape I can!
As most of you know, I am on-stop shop kinda gal. I want to get everything in one place, and one of my favorite spots to do this is at Walgreens. Walgreens carries amazing brands such as Pantene, COVERGIRL, Crest and Olay. They also have you covered when it comes to taking care of your health! Some of my newest finds to help me through my fitness resolutions are the Walgreens Activity Tracker with Smartwatch Technology that keeps track of my steps and any activities I do throughout the day. I also have been addicted to the Contigo Autoseal Grace Water Bottle. Keeping myself hydrated is always a battle for me, but I have been able to be more consistent with my water consumption! The 24 oz. AUTOSEAL® Grace Water Bottle is engineered for an easy one-hand drinking experience. This BPA-free water bottle features a one-touch AUTOSEAL® lid that automatically seals between sips to eliminate spills and leaks. The ergonomic handle offers a comfortable grip, and the body is made with durable Tritan materials.
For my beauty needs I rely on my favorite beauty staples. Currently I am loving the newest COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom Mascara which gives a very natural and clean look to the lashes. This is the perfect everyday mascara! Another must have to tame my very parched split ends is the Pantene Weekly Rehab Creme and the Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme. I have been using both for weeks and I am convinced it has helped heal my hair after a very bad dye job. Since my wedding is coming up in three months, I have been working on making my teeth whiter with Crest 3D White Toothpaste and Whitestrips. I want my smile to be radiant when I say I DO.
If you want to hear more ideas on beauty and health for the new year, than join us for two separate Twitter parties!
- Sunday January 4th from 8-9 PM EST. This Twitter party will be focused around New Year’s resolutions in beauty and wellness and how P&G and Walgreens can help you #STARTHERE and keep resolutions all year long.
- January 7th from 8-9pm EST will focus on the PCA Red Carpet looks – what are you seeing on the Red Carpet? Anything you want to try to achieve this year – from new trends to new hairstyles, maybe new fitness goals? We would love if you provide beauty and wellness tips for others to help achieve their resolutions.
Now, you can join in getting your resolutions started with my Walgreens giveaway, which features a #STARTSHERE Prize Pack plus a $75 Walgreens gift card.
The #STARTSHERE Prize Pack includes:
Contigo Autoseal Grace Water Bottle
Walgreens Activity Tracker with Smartwatch Technology
COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom Mascara
COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Lipcolor
Pantene Weekly Rehab Creme
Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme
Crest Whitestrips Professional Effects
Crest 3D White Toothpaste
$75 Walgreens Gift Card
Walgreens tote bag
Enter in the widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for which I was compensated and received products for testing. While I was compensated to write a post about P&G and Walgreens, all opinions are my own.
Katy Perry's VMA look tonight was quintessential Katy. Bright red lips, black liquid liner and big lashes!
Celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey shared how he got her prepped for the night!
CHEEKS and LIPS:
The 4th of July weekend is filled with BBQ, pool parties, and celebrations galore. Mike and I consider it a wonderful date weekend filled with family and friends. During this weekend I make sure to have an easy beauty and skincare supply on hand. I want my look to have a fresh, gorgeous summer date night glow. I always make sure I am wearing my waterproof makeup, protecting my hair, and keeping my skin sun safe with a good SPF.
So, I happy to share with you my latest 4th of July weekend kit! Here is my breakdown:
FACE: You want to start with moisturized, clean skin. I am currently in love with Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over hydrating gel moisturizer and Makeup Remover Wipes. They are cooling, light on the skin and perfect for summer and under your makeup. No meltdown! Next, I like to use a light foundation that gives some coverage, and continues to moisturize.
EYES and LIPS: Waterproof mascara is a must, and the new CoverGirl Bombshell mascara has become a favorite for deep, black lashes that pop! If you need an extra bit of drama, than add CoverGirl Ink liner in black to the base of your upper lash line for a subtle summer look. Think Audrey Hepburn! To finish off the look, add a pop of soft pink lipgloss. The current favorite is CoverGirl Colorlicious.
HAIR: Don't forget to care for your strands this weekend, especially if you are are at the beach or pool. The chlorine and sea water can wreck havoc on your hair! I apply Pantene Rehab Cream to my hair before I go out in the sun to make sure my hair is protected and to give it an ultra boost of hydration.
Now is your chance to grab up these date night goodies for the weekend!! Until July 5th, you can visit any Walgreens store to get the following offers:
· Buy one get one 50% off across all CoverGirl & Olay products
· Pantene 2 for $7
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by P&G and Walgreens. All opinions and advice are my own.
Would like to try out the products mentioned above? Then enter our giveaway and we’ll send you a prize pack that contains a fabulous variety of P&G beauty products from CoverGirl, Olay and Pantene including:
· COVERGIRL Coverlicious Lip Gloss
· Olay Fresh Effects Wipes
· COVERGIRL Ink It Eyeliner
· Pantene Rehab Cream
· COVERGIRL Bombshell Mascara
· Olay Dew Over
· Flamed Out Eyeshadow
· $25 Walgreens Gift Card
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The annual Met Gala is a beauty and fashion lovers dream. A red carpet filled with the best beauty looks of the year, all curated by the top makeup artists from all around the country! There were so many amazing looks this year that I decided to create two "Best of Beauty" posts to highlight them all. First round: makeup. Enjoy!
BLAKE LIVELY: “This look is very classic but very glamorous. We wanted to nod to Charles James’ aesthetic by creating a look reminiscent of vintage Hollywood but modernize it with a muted red lip.”
Key NARS products used:
MARION COTILLARD: "The dress makes a graphic statement and we complemented it with glowing skin, iridescent eyes and richly pigmented lips," says makeup artist Christophe Danchaud.
- Danchaud used Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow in Exhibition.
- He began by applying the shimmer lilac shade all over her lids.
- He then applied the dark mauve shade in the duo close to her lash line and to the outer corner of her eye.
- He extended the mauve shade to underneath her eyes, close to the lash line.
- To lighten up his handiwork, he used a gold pigment on the lids.
- Finally, he applied several coats of mascara.
- He defined the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette.
JANNELLE MONAE: "The Met Gala is one the biggest fashion events in New York City. It’s a night where fashion meets beauty and this year my beauty was the talented Janelle Monae"
- I massaged a light weight moisturizer all over her face and along her neck. Giving the moisturizer plenty of time to penetrate the skin, I then applied a pore minimizing primer all over her face using a synthetic brush.
- Using a sponge, I applied COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation all over Janelle’s face, starting by her nose and blending upwards and outwards.
- Using my ring finger, I sparingly dabbed truBLEND Concealer under her eyes.
- To highlight and begin to give her skin dimension, I applied truMAGIC Luminizer on top of her cheek bones, down her nose and a tiny bit to her lips cupid’s bow.
- To contour her face I applied Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronze around her hair line, under her cheek bone, along the jaw bone and slightly down the sides of her nose.
- I brushed her brows into place with a clean mascara wand and using a firm angle brush, filled them in with a medium brown shadow.
- I applied a skin tone matte shadow to her lid and then, with a windshield wiper motion, applied a soft brick color, COVERGIRL Queen Collection Shadow Pot in Dazzle, to her crease with a blending brush.
- I lined her water line with Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion and then created a perfect winged look.
- I finished with false lashes and then applied two coats of the new Bombshell Curvaceous Mascara for a really dark, intense look.
LIPS AND NAILS:
- Now that her eyes and skin are finished I used a cherry red liner to define her lips, filled them in slightly and accentuated her cupid's bow.
- COVERGIRLs richly pigmented, and Janelle’s signature, LipPerfection Lipcolor in Hot #305 was then applied with a lip brush ( for ultimate precision) and an electrifying red carpet look was born!
Janelle was rocking COVERGIRL Nail Gloss in Ever Reddy on her nails!
STACY MARTIN: "Stacy is wearing a colorful Miu Miu dress with stunning embellishments so we created a fresh look to accentuate her natural beauty without competing with the dress! We created a minimalistic look with a touch of bronzy glow for a flawless finish," mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg said.
- I used Jouer Brow Fix Gel to shape the brows
- Then created a subtle cat eye using mark's Get In Line Hook Up Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner in Painted Black.
- I applied Ardell Lashes 301 to the corner of Stacy's eyes and finished with multiple coats of mark's Lash All You Want High Volume Mascara in Blackest Black.
LIPS: I completed the look by accentuating her natural lip color using mark's Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Baby Luv.
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Celebrity Looks, Get The Look
Tagged Blake Lively, celebrity makeup looks, CoverGirl, get the look, Hourglass Cosmetics, Jouer, mark celebrity makeup artist Jamie Greenberg, Mark cosmetics, Met Gala 2014, Met Gala Beauty 2014
How to get Katy Perry’s 2014 GRAMMYs Red Carpet Look:
Red Carpet Makeup by Jake Bailey:
"Katy had a very clear idea of what she wanted for the GRAMMYs this year. She wanted sexy eyes, elegant lashes and she wanted to GLOW! I was quick to agree as I had seen the ethereal gown she was going to wear – stunning!"
- I started by prepping her skin with Olay’s new Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. This is perfect to use under makeup as it delivers lots of moisture but still feels lightweight and foundation glides smoothly over it.
- Once the moisturizer had absorbed, I got to work on the skin. Since we were going for maximum "glow" I mixed equal parts COVERGIRL BB cream and COVERGIRL TruBLEND Liquid Foundation on the back of my palm before buffing it all over her face and neck with a soft brush for sheer coverage and a polished glow.
- I started the eye look by painting a delicate line onto her lashline and a subtle "cat eye" wing in the outer corners of her eyes using COVERGIRL Bombshell Liquid Liner.
- I then coated her lashes with Bombshell Volume Mascara, top and bottom. I used the first coat to get that volumized look and then applied the second coat for the intense jet black wet lash look.
- I then applied Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess into the crease of her eyelid and highlighted her lids and browbones with Flamed Out Shadow in Blazing White.
- I finished the eye look with a strong brow and a coat of clear mascara to hold them in place.
- Once I finished with the eyes, I warmed and highlighted her complexion using COVERGIRL TruMAGIC Sunkisser and Luminizer. I blended the Sunkisser along the hairline and into the hollows of the cheeks to add warmth and dimension.
- I then took the Luminizer and used it to add a golden glow to her cheekbones, tip of her nose and just above the cupids bow of her lips.
- Once I set the makeup with COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder, I dusted a little bit of shimmery coral blush on the apples of her cheeks.
- I finished the look with a fresh coral/pink shade called "Heavenly" from the COVERGIRL LipPerfection collection and tipped it with a touch of balm for extra shine.
Hair from Celebrity Stylist Renato Campora
"Katy wanted to wear her hair up and I was inspired by the soft, romantic look of her dress"
- First I sprayed her hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist and then blew it out to a sleek, polished finish.
- Once her hair was dry, I pulled it into a tight, high ponytail.
- To add more volume and texture to the ponytail, I sprayed the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo throughout the length of her hair.
- Then I twisted the ponytail and wrapped it around the base of her hair to create the crown.
- I secured the crown with bobby pins and misted the hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer to polish her look and set her style in place.