While every woman wants to look her very best, buying the products to create our best look can often take quite a toll on our wallets. That’s why we’re giving you the lowdown on some products that will make you look like a perfect 10 without breaking the bank!
#1 - Olay Regenerist Intensive Repair Treatment
Every gorgeous face starts with gorgeous skin, but some beauty creams can really test a tight budget. That’s why we love Olay Regenerist Intensive Repair Treatment. This amazing cream fights everything from age spots to fine lines and deep wrinkles. And, because it lacks the retinol usually found in anti-aging creams, it’s gentle even on sensitive skin. Average price for this product: $23.00.
#2 - CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara
No woman’s look is complete without big eyelashes, but a great mascara doesn’t have to be overpriced. CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara not only gives amazing length and volume to lashes, it minimizes those disgusting clumps we all hate, making lashes look more natural, full, and beautiful. Average price for this product: $6.50.
#3 - Aussie Hair Insurance Split End Protector
Nothing initiates a bad hair day quite like the look of straggly split ends, but high fashion hair products often come with a high price as well. Aussie Hair Insurance Split End Protector is good for both your hair and your wallet. The dual leave-in conditioner and styling cream softens dry, damaged ends and protects hair from future damage. While nothing short of a trim can make split ends disappear, this cream offers a temporary fix and the illusion of gorgeous, healthy hair. Average price for this product: $3.50.
#4 - CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast Primer + Shadow
Every woman knows that adding a touch of color to her eyes can make a world of difference in how well they pop; however, between the primer we use as a base for the shadow and then the eye shadow itself, a girl could go broke before she even makes it past her eye makeup routine. That’s why we love CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast Primer + Shadow. This dynamic duo combines the waterproof staying power of a primer and the color of a liquid to powder shadow all in one. The felt tip applicator makes it easy to apply and blend with fingers or a brush, and the color outlasts even the priciest of shadows. Average price for this product: $7.99.
#5- Pantene Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment
As we age, our hair not only begins to lack luster but also volume and density. While there is a plethora of pricey products out there to bring the bounce back to your do, Pantene’s AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment does an amazing job for about half the price. The powerful serum not only thickens each individual strand leading to the illusion of more hair, but it also strengthens hair to help prevent future hair loss. Average price for this product: $13.50
So stop using your budget as an excuse for not looking your absolute best. With prices like these, you can easily get your sexy on and still have some cash to spare!
by Sian Bitner Kearney
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re probably familiar with Emma Stone. She made us laugh in Superbad, kicked some undead butt in Zombieland, served as Spidy’s main squeeze in the Amazing Spider-Man, and who could forget that Dirty Dancing reenactment opposite Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love? Whether she’s blonde, brunette or her signature red, Stone warms the world with her unique beauty and infectious smile. One of our favorite looks on Emma is the one she wore to the 2012 Golden Globes. To recreate this look for yourself, you’ll need the following:
- Emma’s fair skin seems flawless on its own, but the average woman might need a little coverage to achieve perfection.
- For flawless skin that looks as though you were born with it, use Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation. The liquid formula melts into your skin, prevents shine without being too matte, and has a stunning glow.
- Follow up with Smashbox’s Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder for skin that appears airbrushed to perfection.
- Because Emma’s skin is so fair, the blush needs to have a pinch of color without being too bright. For this type of fearless flush, we recommend L’Oreal’s True Match Blush in the shade, “Tender Rose”.
- To recreate Emma’s smoky cat eye, start with Revlon’s Diamond Lust Eyeshadow in the shade, “Celestial Silver” and apply from the upper lashline to just above the crease.
- Next add that same shadow under the bottom lashline and the inner corners of the eyes.
- Next apply Revlon’s Color Perle Eyeshadow in the shade, “Black Galaxy” to the crease of the upper lid, below the outer corner of the lower lashline and then blend together in a v-type shape in the corner of the eye.
- Line the inside of the eyes with Dior’s Waterproof Eyeliner in the shade, “Trinidad Black”, then finish the eye with one coat of Dior’s waterproof black mascara.
- Emma’s lips are a beautiful shade of pink, adding warmth to her complexion without competing with her dramatic eye.
- For this pretty pucker, apply Bobbi Brown’s Sheer Lip Color in the shade, “Passion Fruit”. A look this intense is meant for evening so pair it with your most alluring little black dress and own the night!
Recently, I was asked to try out Cover Girl Outlast 3-1 Foundation and truly put it to the test. The newest formulation claims to last you throughout your day while keeping the skin shine free. One of the main selling points is that the foundation includes three products in one. Primer, Foundation, and Concealer in one simple step.
Honestly, I was extremely curious and my inner beauty sleuth happily took the challenge.
I invited filmmaker Zach Taylor to come and follow me around for one day and capture on film how the foundation held up. He filmed me blogging, walking my dog Arthur, cooking, and finally ending my day with a glass of wine (everyone has that ritual...right?). Even Mike mentioned how "pretty" my makeup looked when he came home. It's true. My makeup looked fresh, and had an amazing coverage without looking cakey.
But, the true endorsement....I am still wearing this foundation. I even wore it last week during the two day (and 10 hour) LuckyFABB conference, where I am hanging out with some of the industries best and most critical beauty and fashion bloggers. I loved it that much!
For the price point, this is an incredible foundation. The coverage is medium-full, and provides a semi-matte finish. You don't even need to use powder! Another great bonus is the SPF 20 in the formulation. Perfect for Summer! Seriously, in love.
Here are my tips:
- Apply the foundation before any concealer. This has a great coverage, so you might need less concealer than you thought! Personally, I only needed a small amount of color corrector to battle my dark circles.
- Let the foundation set before applying powder. Honestly, the foundation does a fantastic job of setting to a soft powder finish, so be careful when applying any type of powder. Just alittle on the T-Zone is all that is needed!
- Use a dome shaped foundation brush for application. This gives an even finish, and can help apply foundation in the smaller areas around the face, such as around the nose and under the eyes.
- If you are struggling finding your perfect shade, try mixing two complimentary colors. I use a small plastic dish to mix my colors at home. This is a great way to slowly add more warmth during the Summer months.
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Best Of, Makeup Artist Tips, Makeup Products
Tagged best foundation, Cover Girl foundation, Cover Girl Outlast Foundation, CoverGirl, CoverGirl 3 in 1 foundation, drugstore foundation, makeup how to, makeup tutorial, makeup tutorials
One of my favorite looks from last night was from the incomparable Janelle Monae. Not only is she beautiful, but she embodies grace, uniqueness, and individuality. My favorite quote from her is: “Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable” - Janelle Monáe
*It also must be noted that I was able to try out some of the new CoverGirl products, and they are incredible. I have a list of products that I will be grabbing up, and playing around with. Videos to come!
Janelle Monae GRAMMY Awards Makeup by Saisha Beecham :“I was inspired by a fresh faced look that I found in a magazine – clean with a touch of glamour Janelle has embellishments on her jacket so we wanted to keep her makeup look clean and simple.”
With such a hectic schedule, I immediately started with COVERGIRL Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Warm Carmel. I love that this foundation has concealer, foundation and powder all in one – it saves so much time!
To warm up her skin, I used Classic Color Blush in Iced Plum to make her cheeks pop and then I added a touch of TRUblend Minerals Bronzer in Golden Sunrise
Celebrity makeup artist Jessica Smalls created a beautiful face for music sensation Tatyana Ali for “NAACP Image Awards” on February 1, 2013. “Every year the NAACP Image Awards honors the accomplishments outstanding African Americans in media and this year I had the pleasure place my brushes on the stunning and super sweet Tatyana Ali. Tatyana was being nominated for 2 awards, so I had to make sure her look would be sexy, sophisticated and red carpet approved!!!”
GET THE LOOK:
EYES: (Sultry Steal Grey)
Prime your eyes with Urban Decay’s “Primer Potion” eye primer (This stuff is seriously crease proof) and then apply Girlactik’s eye glaze in “Night” to the lower lid, using the included wand applicator.
Take your fluffiest crease brush and (in a wind shield wiper motion) apply MAC’s eye shadow in “Texture” to the crease, until the edges of the grey shadow are soften.
Rim your eyes with your favorite black waterproof liner and using your flattest and firmest small angle brush apply Make Up For Ever’s “Black” Aqua Cream Liner to the top lash line.
Finish off with Ardell’s “Double up” #203 false lashes, brush up and fill in your brows. Pow!!! Your eyes are done!!!
This is a premium membership content!
1) Dior Diorshow Mascara Black : The original, award-winning Dior mascara that has been a backstage cult-favorite for 10 years. This mascara delivers perfectly plush, everyday glam lashes with an innovative XXL brush for maximum show-stopping volume. Its creamy, buildable, customizable formula allows you to achieve the same dramatic lash volume that can be seen on the Dior runway for a glamorous, false lash effect.