The first trick is to make sure that you have a product that is an eye brightener and an eye enhancer. You're looking for something with a peach undertone that has light-reflecting qualities to it. This will really help to brighten up the eye and to help the fact that you won't have to use as much foundation or concealer. As you can see from the video above, the products have a peach-champagne tone base with a bit of light-reflecting qualities to it.
- When put over the eye, they help to diffuse fine lines and dark circles and give the eye a wide awake and fresh look.
- You're going to want to put this where your darkest circles are and that's right in this triangle. I like to pat it in with my fingers to warm up the product and really help to have it soak into the skin.
- If you prefer to use a sponge or a brush, make sure that you pat it into the skin so that it stays on and isn't wiped away. You can instantly see how this brightened up the eye.
- If you feel that you still need coverage, you can use an eye brightening or illuminating concealer with a little bit of a yellow base. Put it, once again, right there where the dark circles are. For this, I would use a light feather brush to help finish blending. This gives a really beautiful, natural glow to the eye area without the cakiness of foundation.
So, there you go. Look for products that say illuminating and eye brightening. Those things will help you to naturally diffuse the look of dark circles or puffiness under the eyes and give you the coverage you need without foundation.
One of the oldest makeup artist tricks is to brighten up the inner corners of the eye with a shimmery white (or soft pastel) eyeshadow. I have heard it called the "angel effect" or even "baby eyes". Whatever the term, it truly does deliver a radiant, and eye opening effect. This application was made popular byKevyn Aucoin, who used this illuminating trick on all his celebrity clients.
Now, thanks to Cargo Cosmetics here is a product made specifically for capturing this look. Cargo Eyelighter is a shadow applicator that is double ended.
by Christina Farrell
Best Of, Makeup Artist Tips, New Products
Tagged dark circles, eye, cargo cosmetics, to, apply, white, inner, highlighter, makeup artist beauty tips
Today we're gonna be talking about cosmetics to conceal a dark circle. Now dark circles can really be a frustration for those of us that suffer from them. I know, I'm one of them. They can instantly make you look really tired and just kind of take down the look vibrancy of your face. It's one of my biggest frustrations. But, the good thing is there are a lot of amazing concealers and correctors out there that can make you look wide awake and absolutely banish those dark circles. These are a few of my favorites. I absolutely love It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye. I mean the name just says it all. It's very dense, it has a great amount of coverage, and the colors are all a peach base, which is the key to banishing those blue undertones of your dark circles. Another one that I love is new NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It has a light reflecting quality to it, once again a beautiful peach base, really really wonderful for those days when you don't need as heavy as a coverage, but still want to make sure that you have that brightness under the eye. And last but not least, I absolutely love SmashBox Cosmetics Photo Op Under Eye Brightener for midday touch ups. It has a really nice kind of shimmer to it that's not too overwhelming and helps to really brighten up the look of the eyes during the day when you might be getting a little bit tired and those circles tend to pop back up. So I hope that helps, and I hope that you try out these cosmetics to help your dark circles.
1) Estee Lauder ‘Double Wear’ Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer: Looks flawless for 15 hours!! Feels comfortable, never dry and stays seamlessly without creasing. The lightweight, transfer-resistant cream formula is infused with minerals and emollients to condition skin and make blending easy for a luminous finish that lasts. Water-, perspiration- and humidity-resistant. Thank you!
2) Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer Honey: A makeup-artist favorite, Cle de Peau Beaute concealer continues to win major awards year after year. Why? It is the best! Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections. Tip: For lighter skin tones, the Honey shade can be used underneath your matching concealer as a color corrector for truly dark areas
3)Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Sc-4: The best one-two punch for discoloration and dark circles. Secret Camouflage contains a unique two-shade system: one to match the skin’s depth of color and one to match the skin’s undertone. It helps to conceal redness, blemishes and age spots for a more even appearance.
4) MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Concealer 345 Dark Beige: The perfect peach.This concealer creates a soft-focus effect, brightening the eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a natural, radiant look. Perfect even under the harsh light of HD cameras.
5) Orlane Highlighter: A highlighting complexion pen that needs to be kept in your purse at all times! Areas of shadow and signs of fatigue are chased away for instant light diffusion. The formula is enriched with smoothing, draining and filtering active ingredients with a soft focus effect.
theBalm – Time Balm Anti Wrinkle Concealer (Medium) – Beauty
I think the makeup gods have finally heard my prayers. Yes ladies, I have found a concealer you can sleep in, and that is actually good for your eyes. That’s right, I said it!
As many of you know I have battled with viciously dark circles all my life. It is the thing that forged my love of makeup, and my eternal search for the perfect concealer. While I have found many a wonderful cover up, I have always been frustrated that there was never a product that I could use at night, or on days when I want to go au natural (but not so natural that I reveal those dastardly circles!). I even embarrassed to admit that I am one of those girls who, when staying with my boyfriend, runs to the bathroom in the middle of the night to apply concealer so I look refreshed and circle free in the morning. Yep, I am that neurotic about my dark circles.
Therefore, I am so, so, so happy to announce that The Balm Cosmetics has created an amazing concealer that is a wrinkle fighting, overnight wearing wonder.