One of the questions I get asked most is what type of beauty products are safe during pregnancy and can help that dreaded "pregnancy mask". You see, the beauty benefits of pregnancy are supposed to be a natural glow, but according to AmericanPregnancy.org, over 50% of moms-to-be report suffering from “the mask of pregnancy”, a type of melasma that manifests itself as dark spots or patches on the face. This can be a ridiculously frustrating problem for moms to be, and can cause undue stress and embarrassment during a time that is supposed to be filled with joy. This "mask" is caused by excess melanin production due to changing hormones and can be exacerbated by sunlight exposure. So, you have to not only deal with morning sickness...but this??!!
Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter... more
Around the Web!
- Trend Alert: Hair Trends to Follow for 2014
- Cargo Eyelighter
- The best things for great lashes
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème
- Get the Look: Miranda Kerr Academy Awards 2014
- The Makeup Bloggers top picks
- Try On Studio
- Isla Fisher’s Makeup for the Bruno Premire
- Red Carpet Triangle Eye Shadow Tricks
- Hollywood Hair Trend by Jet Rhys
- LUSH CoCo Lotion