Sofia Vergara always knocks it out of the park on the red carpet, and last night was no different! Here we share the beauty breakdown, starting with the step-by-step hair tutorial for her shiny straight style followed by the breakdown to achieve her easy to recreate makeup.
First, Sofia’s stylist, celeb hair guru Kylee Heath shares her tips on how to get the gorgeous smooth and sexy look. Follow Kylee’s step-by-step instructions below and you’ll be ready to make your red carpet debut!
1. Start with Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky for a flake-free part and 24-hour frizz control
2. Create a straight center part on damp hair
3. Blow dry the top front section, away from your face, with a boar bristle round brush. Roll the section under itself and pin into place to cool
4. Blow dry the rest of your hair in two square inch sections and pin each section in place then wait for all sections to cool. Once cool, take out each section and brush it
5. With a 1 ½ inch curling iron, add a slight bend to the shorter front layers
6. Finish by spraying with light hairspray for extra hold
Next, Sofia’s makeup artist complemented her Art Deco style with a retro lip and a fresh modern eye. With the white and silver dress, white diamonds and simple hair, the makeup called for a pop of color. See the breakdown below of Sofia’s glamorous look.
- I used a short haired buffing foundation brush to really buff the foundation, truBLEND Liquid Foundation in Classic Tan D-4, into the skin.
- I then used a touch of bronzer (Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices) on the forehead, cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose.
- I added a pop of blush, Clean Glow Blush in Peaches, on the apples of the cheeks to give the look some warmth.
- The focus was really about the lip, so I needed a long lasting lip product that would last all night through the red carpet, award show AND parties.
- I didn't want the lip to look too dry so I chose Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever-Reddy as it is super pigmented and would give that punch of color while still looking like a shiny candy apple!
- I lined the lip with a matching pencil, LipPerfection Lipliner in Passion.
It's the middle of the summer so what better way to keep your summer look than to keep your makeup and hair light and fresh! Using inspiration from Judy's Jimmy Choo tomato red clutch, makeup artist Tamah uses a red lip to add to the pop of red. To balance the pop of color with the rest of the look, Tamah gave Judy a 'summer smokey eye' which gives the eyes definition while veering away from using the typical dark colors normally associated with the traditional smokey eye. With beautiful braided hair by hairstylist, Gregory Russell completing the look, Judy has given the summer look not only a new definition, but a perfect look for everyone to wear in just a few steps! Read below for the step by step to get Judy's look:
Hair Preparation. Start by dampening hair and blowing it out with an Ibiza round brush and applying Leonor Greyl Éclat Naturel to the ends of your hair.
The Braid. Next, part your hair down the center and pin up the crown section to braid last. French braid each side back and fasten the end of the braid with a clear elastic and braid the crown section (just a regular braid, not a French braid). Following the braid, pull out a few pieces around the face and loosen each of the braids and roughen them up a bit.
The Finishing Touch. After spraying more Kevin Murphy Resort Spray, pin the side braids into two low buns and connect them with the crown braid. To complete the look, finish with Kerastase Laque Couture.
Eyes. Apply a thin layer of Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow in Flatter Me with a fluffy brush to keep it sheer. Next, use a touch of the top and bottom left shadows from the Dior 030 Incognito Eyeshadow Quad. Use the bottom right as a liner under the lower lash line. Apply Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in black directly to the upper lash line, and top it with Lancôme Hypnose Star Mascara in Black.
Cheeks. Use a touch of Make Up For Ever 033 Dark Antique Pink as a base, and top with Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium 2. Apply the bronzer with a medium sized fluffy brush (preferably one that is angled for bronzer). Apply this to the cheeks and sweep it over the bridge of the nose, where the sun would naturally bronze.
Skin. Apply Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Foundation in 113 as foundation and concealer and use Laura Mercier Translucent Powder to set.
Lips. Use NYX Butter Lipstick in JuJu Amulette and MAC lip liner in Redd to set the lip line.
Makeup artist Jessica Smalls took Becky G's typically fresh and clean look and revamped it to a more grown up subtle look which is nothing less than sexy and glamorous. Read on to see how you can get Becky's new look:
Start with the eyebrows by brushing them into place with clear brow gel and begin heavily rimming the eyes with COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion. Once the line is dark and intense, apply a matte dark brown shadow to the lid, using a firm eye shadow brush. Once the dark brown shadow is applied, use Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Melted Caramel with a blending brush to blend the gold color into the matte brown. Using a clean blending brush, blend a soft tangerine color into the crease, to gradually fade and soften the brown smokey eye. Apply a wispy pair of false eyelashes and apply two coats of Clump Crusher Mascara and your eyes are done!
Moving on to the skin, hydrate your skin with oil free moisturizer and apply a thin layer of foundation primer. Let the primer settle for about a minute and using a dampened sponge, apply two layers of COVERGIRL Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation in Natural Beige (205), waiting about 45 seconds between the first and second layers. Let the foundation cover what it can and then use Ready, Set Gorgeous Concealer in Fair (105/110) to cover dark spots and to brighten the are under the eye. Following the concealer, set your skin with truMAGIC The SunKisser on your temples, cheekbones and jawline to give your skin dimension. Finally, on the apples of your cheeks, apply Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach (150) and sweep a loose shimmer powder over the entire cheek area and wa-la, your skin is ready to go!
Onto the final touch: Lips. Exfoliate your lips with a bit of granulated sugar and lip balm. Once your lips are soft and supple, use the remaining foundation off the sponge and apply it to your lips to rid your natural lip color. Using a lip brush, apply COVERGIRL LipPerfection in Heavenly (260) to your lips and top it off with Colorlicious Lip Gloss in Give me Guava (630).
And there you have it: a grown up look with a dash of sexy and glamorous! Click here to see Becky G's acoustic performance at Premios Juventud of her new hit single "Shower".
by Hayden Sorensen
Celebrity Looks, Get The Look, Makeup Artist Tips
Tagged Beauty, becky g, Celebrity Looks, get the look, glamorous makeup, Makeup, makeup tips, premios juventud, sexy makeup
Mixing black and white has always been chic... But adding a signature red lip? Now that's a beautiful look that is simple, yet defined.
COVERGIRL's Janelle Monae has always been known for wearing the classic black and white's with her signature red lip and to make her glow at the Essence Music Festival, the focus was all on her skin, lashes and lips. Find out how to get Janelle's signature look below in three simple steps!
Step 1: Face. Use two shades of truBLEND Liquid Foundation – one to highlight the under eye area and the other to match your complexion! There is no need to finish with powder because truBLEND dries down to a powdery finish.
To add an extra glow, apply Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer to the outer perimeter of the face (forehead, cheeks, etc.), to provide dimension, contour and a soft, subtle glow.
Step 2: Eyes. Using Bombshell Intensity Liner in black, draw a thick line that wings out to elongate the eye, and top it off by adding false lashes and a few coats of Clump Crusher by LashBlast mascara to both top and bottom lashes.
Step 3: Lips. To get Janelle’s classic signature red lip, first apply LiPerfection Lipcolor in Hot, then smudge a dab of Colorlicious Lipgloss in Sweet Strawberry for dimension and shine.
Celebrity hairstylist Kylee Heath worked with Diane Kruger for the premiere of FX’s “The Bridge” on Monday, July 7th. The look was an intense, and gorgeous take on a braided updo. Perfect for summer nights!
GET THE LOOK:
- First, I sprayed Leonor Greyl Spray Structure Naturelle from roots through ends and rough dried the hair, blowing it in all directions.
- Then, I created a part from the top of left ear, straight over the head, to the top of the right ear.
- I broke the section into two, creating a center part and clipped away both sections.
- Starting at the back of the center part, I then created two partings creating a triangle section in the back.
- The left over hair on either side of the triangle was also then clipped away leaving only the triangle section unclipped.
- I did an inside out French braid (cornrow) on the triangle section and secured at the base of the neck with a clear rubber band.
- Next, I took down the clipped away sections.
- I gave the roots a light tease for volume, lightly pulled them back and created a loose French braid (over the top of the triangle sectioned cornrow).
- Braiding the hair until only about 2 1/2 in was left, I secured with a clear rubber band and lightly loosened up the braid.
- I finished the look with Kevin Murphy Strong Hold Hairspray and Kevin Murphy Easy Rider .
Getting tired of neutral makeup and looking to shake things up with an edgy and vibrant look? Inspired by the 1960s, makeup artist Jamie Greenberg worked with Kaley Cuoco for the Vera Wang store opening on Rodeo Drive to create a bold look. With blue eye makeup, dotted eyeliner, and rich black mascara, this look is one for the books.
Greenberg starts by lining mark’s No Place To Run Waterproof Eyeliner in Navy Seal along the top lash line and applying three dots along the lower lash line. On top, Greenberg layers mark’s On The Dot Eye Color Compact in Bold (middle blue shade) for a bolder finish. The eyes are completed by filling in the brows with Anastasia Brow Pro Palette and finishing with two coats of Jouer's Everyday Effortless Mascara in Noir.
To add an utterly flawless appearance, Greenberg applies Tom Ford Traceless Foundation all over the face and swirls together mark’s Island Beauty Face Compact on the cheeks for a coral, bronzy glow. To complete Kaley Cuoco's look, mark's All Butter Now Lip Treat in Bare All is used to even the look without taking away from the bold eye makeup.
Celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles worked with Gabrielle Union for the Los Angeles premiere of “Think Like A Man Too" on Monday, June 9th. Please see below for Fiona's details on Gabrielle's gorgeous look!
"As we were getting ready, Gabrielle, her hairstylist and I talked about the look and the dress. When her hairstylist said he was going to do a tight bun with a deep side part, clean and sleek, and then I saw the two piece Dolce & Gabbana dress, I knew I wanted to do a red lip and soft eye on Gabrielle. Bronzy skin, a structured brow, and flirty lashes looked unfussy while still feeling incredibly elegant.
I used bronzer on the eyes instead of shadow, to create depth, and skipped liner, making the eye feel too made up. I wanted to keep the eye all about the lashes, and the look about beautiful skin and a statement lip. Using lashes on the top and bottom opened up her eyes, and the stronger brow balanced out the strong lip. Just a little bronzer on the cheeks gave definition without looking ‘blushy' . Even though there is a strong lip, for me, the look is all about radiant skin. It always starts with the skin.”
Using all Neutrogena makeup with the exception of NARS lipstick for the final touch, Gabrielle's look was flawless. Fiona used Neutrogena Mineral Powder in "Tan" for the foundation. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Bronzer in "Sunset Glow" was used for the eyes and cheek definition, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush & Bronzer in "Raisin Glow" was used as blush for radiance. Neutrogena Healthy Volume in "Carbon Black" was the mascara used to open up Gabrielle's eyes , and NARS "Jungle Red" Lipliner was used to create the strong lip.