Peaches and Cream Summer looks are all about the combination of sexy and sweet and there are few starlets as synonymous with this combo as the beautiful Eva Mendes! No matter what look she attempts she never fails and is known for her seemingly effortless yet flawless beauty. Read on to see how you can recreate Eva’s peaches and cream glow (a perfect face for summer)!
FACE: To begin, ditch those heavy foundations, you’ll want your skin to breath.
- If you’re in your 20’s opt for a BB Cream but ladies 30 and up can get a flawless face with the new Camera Ready CC Cream by Smashbox. This product is complexion perfection in a tube and offers amazing coverage without looking or feeling heavy.
- Next, dust the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) with a light, loose powder like this one from NARS. For a true peaches and cream glow, skip the chalky powdered blush and opt for a cream or gel blush like Makeup Forever’s HD Microfinish Blush in the shade Salmon Pink. Use your fingers to dab along the apples of the cheeks for an ‘inside out’ kind of glow.
EYES: Eva’s looks are typically centered on the eyes, and her brows are perhaps the strongest feature of her entire face.
- For eyes like Eva’s, skip dark, heavy eye shadows. Instead, grab a black eyeliner pencil like Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil in Onyx, line the top lash line and the bottom waterline, then use the sponge tip to smudge slightly.
- Next apply several coats of black mascara like Benefit’s BADGal for eyes that really pop!
- Finally, frame the face with beautiful, full brows buy filling in your natural brow line with brow powder from E.L.F.
- To complete the look, give lips a delicious pop of color (and SPF20 protections), with Kaplan MD’s Lip 20 Treatment in Sheer Peach.
Rock this look with a fearless mini and gorgeous waves or pull hair into an innocent up-do and pair with a sweet sundress. Either way you’ll be peaches and cream perfection!
by Sian Bitner Kearney
Since last week was all about the finale of Sons of Anarchy, what better way to kick off the week, than with the beautiful Katey Segal.
“Katey always likes to keep her look fresh, so I use shadows instead of hard liners on her eyes for a soft focus look! -celebrity makeup artist Coleen Campbell-Olwell”
- To create a softer version of a smokey eye I used warm neutral shadows, starting with Nars shadow in Fez along her lid and under the eye then I tap on Nars Bengali along the top lash line and working it up at the outer corner for a little dimension.
- I like to line the upper waterline with Chanel Eye Pencil in Ambre, it makes the lashes look more dense.
- I then defined her brows with my favorite Brow Pencil, Diorshow Brow Styler in Universal Brown and lengthened her lashes by swiping on two coats of Makeup For Ever Smokey Lash Mascara in Black and I added a few single lashes.
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Celebrity Looks, Makeup Artist Tips, Makeup Products
Tagged Celebrity beauty, Colleen Campbell-Olwell, Gemma Sons of Anarchy, get the look, Hourglass Cosmetics, Katey Segal, NARS cosmetics, SOA, Sons of Anarchy
Celebrity makeup artist Georgie Eisdell worked with Jaime King for the Vogue/Tory Burch Watch Collection Event. This is a surprisingly easy look and perfect for the holidays!
“Jaime’s face is so great for makeup. She looks amazing with literally anything so it’s always fun with her. I decided to keep the eyes light and go for a bright pop of color on the lips.”
GET THE LOOK:
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Celebrity Looks, Makeup Artist Tips, Makeup Products
Tagged beauty tips and tricks, Celebrity beauty, Creme de la Mer, get the look, Jamie King, Jamie King beauty, La Mer, Tom Ford lipstick
Celebrity Makeup Artist Elle Leary shares with us how she gave Melissa Carache her elegant evening look: “Melissa and I went for a very classic Greek Goddess meets Girl Next Door, look for this event!”
- For the rest of the makeup application I wanted it to be fresh, so I started with TARTE’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in Seashell Pink from lash line to just above the crease to give a little sheen and play with some color.
- Then I worked TARTE’s skinny smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in Golden Tiger’s eye along the lash line and smudged it up and out to the corner of the outter eye.
- Finally I took my Epic Black Mousse Liner from NYX and gave her an extended and exaggerated signature smokey cat eye.
- Couple coats of mascara and a set of my favorite lashes by Velour in Doll Me Up, the eyes were complete!!
To really take this look home, I finished off with another goody from NYX, their Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Watermelon Cooler. I can not get enough of these chunky pencils, perfect for that hint of playful color. “
Sofia Vergara always knocks it out of the park on the red carpet, and last night was no different! Here we share the beauty breakdown, starting with the step-by-step hair tutorial for her shiny straight style followed by the breakdown to achieve her easy to recreate makeup.
First, Sofia’s stylist, celeb hair guru Kylee Heath shares her tips on how to get the gorgeous smooth and sexy look. Follow Kylee’s step-by-step instructions below and you’ll be ready to make your red carpet debut!
1. Start with Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky for a flake-free part and 24-hour frizz control
2. Create a straight center part on damp hair
3. Blow dry the top front section, away from your face, with a boar bristle round brush. Roll the section under itself and pin into place to cool
4. Blow dry the rest of your hair in two square inch sections and pin each section in place then wait for all sections to cool. Once cool, take out each section and brush it
5. With a 1 ½ inch curling iron, add a slight bend to the shorter front layers
6. Finish by spraying with light hairspray for extra hold
Next, Sofia’s makeup artist complemented her Art Deco style with a retro lip and a fresh modern eye. With the white and silver dress, white diamonds and simple hair, the makeup called for a pop of color. See the breakdown below of Sofia’s glamorous look.
- I used a short haired buffing foundation brush to really buff the foundation, truBLEND Liquid Foundation in Classic Tan D-4, into the skin.
- I then used a touch of bronzer (Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices) on the forehead, cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose.
- I added a pop of blush, Clean Glow Blush in Peaches, on the apples of the cheeks to give the look some warmth.
- The focus was really about the lip, so I needed a long lasting lip product that would last all night through the red carpet, award show AND parties.
- I didn’t want the lip to look too dry so I chose Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever-Reddy as it is super pigmented and would give that punch of color while still looking like a shiny candy apple!
- I lined the lip with a matching pencil, LipPerfection Lipliner in Passion.
It’s the middle of the summer so what better way to keep your summer look than to keep your makeup and hair light and fresh! Using inspiration from Judy’s Jimmy Choo tomato red clutch, makeup artist Tamah uses a red lip to add to the pop of red. To balance the pop of color with the rest of the look, Tamah gave Judy a ‘summer smokey eye’ which gives the eyes definition while veering away from using the typical dark colors normally associated with the traditional smokey eye. With beautiful braided hair by hairstylist, Gregory Russell completing the look, Judy has given the summer look not only a new definition, but a perfect look for everyone to wear in just a few steps! Read below for the step by step to get Judy’s look:
Hair Preparation. Start by dampening hair and blowing it out with an Ibiza round brush and applying Leonor Greyl Éclat Naturel to the ends of your hair.
The Braid. Next, part your hair down the center and pin up the crown section to braid last. French braid each side back and fasten the end of the braid with a clear elastic and braid the crown section (just a regular braid, not a French braid). Following the braid, pull out a few pieces around the face and loosen each of the braids and roughen them up a bit.
The Finishing Touch. After spraying more Kevin Murphy Resort Spray, pin the side braids into two low buns and connect them with the crown braid. To complete the look, finish with Kerastase Laque Couture.
Eyes. Apply a thin layer of Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow in Flatter Me with a fluffy brush to keep it sheer. Next, use a touch of the top and bottom left shadows from the Dior 030 Incognito Eyeshadow Quad. Use the bottom right as a liner under the lower lash line. Apply Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in black directly to the upper lash line, and top it with Lancôme Hypnose Star Mascara in Black.
Cheeks. Use a touch of Make Up For Ever 033 Dark Antique Pink as a base, and top with Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium 2. Apply the bronzer with a medium sized fluffy brush (preferably one that is angled for bronzer). Apply this to the cheeks and sweep it over the bridge of the nose, where the sun would naturally bronze.
Skin. Apply Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Foundation in 113 as foundation and concealer and use Laura Mercier Translucent Powder to set.
Lips. Use NYX Butter Lipstick in JuJu Amulette and MAC lip liner in Redd to set the lip line.
Makeup artist Jessica Smalls took Becky G’s typically fresh and clean look and revamped it to a more grown up subtle look which is nothing less than sexy and glamorous. Read on to see how you can get Becky’s new look:
Start with the eyebrows by brushing them into place with clear brow gel and begin heavily rimming the eyes with COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion. Once the line is dark and intense, apply a matte dark brown shadow to the lid, using a firm eye shadow brush. Once the dark brown shadow is applied, use Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Melted Caramel with a blending brush to blend the gold color into the matte brown. Using a clean blending brush, blend a soft tangerine color into the crease, to gradually fade and soften the brown smokey eye. Apply a wispy pair of false eyelashes and apply two coats of Clump Crusher Mascara and your eyes are done!
Moving on to the skin, hydrate your skin with oil free moisturizer and apply a thin layer of foundation primer. Let the primer settle for about a minute and using a dampened sponge, apply two layers of COVERGIRL Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation in Natural Beige (205), waiting about 45 seconds between the first and second layers. Let the foundation cover what it can and then use Ready, Set Gorgeous Concealer in Fair (105/110) to cover dark spots and to brighten the are under the eye. Following the concealer, set your skin with truMAGIC The SunKisser on your temples, cheekbones and jawline to give your skin dimension. Finally, on the apples of your cheeks, apply Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach (150) and sweep a loose shimmer powder over the entire cheek area and wa-la, your skin is ready to go!
Onto the final touch: Lips. Exfoliate your lips with a bit of granulated sugar and lip balm. Once your lips are soft and supple, use the remaining foundation off the sponge and apply it to your lips to rid your natural lip color. Using a lip brush, apply COVERGIRL LipPerfection in Heavenly (260) to your lips and top it off with Colorlicious Lip Gloss in Give me Guava (630).
And there you have it: a grown up look with a dash of sexy and glamorous! Click here to see Becky G’s acoustic performance at Premios Juventud of her new hit single “Shower”.
by Hayden Sorensen
Celebrity Looks, Get The Look, Makeup Artist Tips
Tagged Beauty, becky g, Celebrity Looks, get the look, glamorous makeup, Makeup, makeup tips, premios juventud, sexy makeup