HAIRSTYLIST MARANDA WIDLUND
"We went for an homage to Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita. A sleek middle part with sexy tousled curls in the back. Very glam!”
GET THE LOOK:
Amber Heard looked stunning with a romantic twist on the smokey eye. The actress, teamed her midnight blue Atelier Versace dress with a romantic up-do and alluring makeup by Hourglass Cosmetics. Not only did I love the look, but I wholeheartedly admit that Hourglass is one of my favorite cosmetic brands. Every product screams pretty! In all honesty, I cannot live without my Ambient Lighting Powders, and No.28 Primer. “Amber brought some of her own ideas to the mix,” says makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen. “She liked the idea of focusing on sultry chocolate eyes, creamy skin and soft nude lips. I was just bringing out the remarkable geometry and beauty of her face.”Here’s how to recreate the look:
- Moisturize skin with Cle de Peau Gentle Nourishing Emulsion.
- Prime with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum
- conceal with Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Warm, and follow with Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in Light Beige. “No. 28 hydrates beautifully but it also creates a magical finish,” he says.
BROWS: Define the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette.
- Apply the shell shade from the Hourglass Vol. 6 Eye Palette as a base color all over the lids.
- Follow with the bronze shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy applied to the crease and under the eyes.
- Deepen the bronze with the brown shade from Vol. 6 Eye Palette applied to the outer corner, top and bottom of the lids.
- Line the eyes with a deep plum pencil like MAC Eye Kohl Prunella. “I also smudged the line with the black shadow from the palette,” he says.
- Apply a high-shine pearl shadow to the inner corner of the eye. Apply a coat of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara, allow to dry and curl lashes.
- Amplify with individual lashes like Ardell Duralash Flare in Medium Black.
- Apply the sheer rose shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to the cheeks, and highlight with the sheer champagne shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light.
- Retrace your steps with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, an opalescent sheer powder which mimics a moonlit glow.
- Line lips with Hourglass Trace Lip Liner in Bare and follow with Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Whisper, a golden pinky beige shimmer. “The look is glamorous but restrained,” adds VanLeeuwen. “She is so extraordinarily beautiful.”
One of my favorite looks from Sundays awards was the gunmetel goddess dress worn by Kate Beckinsale. Another thing I adored was her sexy, yet refined makeup look. Sexy yet classic. Below, her makeup artist Adam Breuchaud worked with Jouer Cosmetics to get her look.
“When I first saw the silver and gunmetal metallic dress I immediately thought it needed a sexy, rock n' roll make up. We decided on a smudged kohl eye, almost the day after look"
- I started by smudging Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Suede all over the eye.
- I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Opal in the inner corner for a highlight, then layered Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Chocolat over her lid.
- Next, I applied Jouer Eye Definer in Noir along the top and bottom lash line. Over that I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Licorice to really smoke out the look.
- After cleaning under her eye I applied the Jouer Age-Repairing Concealer in No.3 Cameo where needed.
- Then I applied the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed as a foundation.
- It is sheer enough to let the skin show through where you want and build more coverage where you need.
- On Kate’s cheeks, I applied Jouer’s cream Tint in Whisper and Mineral Powder Bronzer in Sunshine - my favorite go to duo.Together they define and brighten the cheek effortlessly.
LIPS: To finish off the look I used Jouer Lip Gloss in Cherish.
I adore and have always adored Julia Louis Dryfus and her hysterical comedic timing. But, I have also admired her consistently timeless looks on the red carpet. Sunday was no different. She was classic in a red Narcisco Rodriguez gown, and subtle makeup. Get the details on her look below: SKIN:
- Votre Vu Attentive Crème du Jour was used to prep the skin while the Amour D’Ore Multi-Vitamin Oil was placed applied to her body before hair and nails to ensure that it had time to absorb into the skin.
- I also applied a little bit of the Luxee Yeux as well around the eye contour.
- I applied the Love Me Deux Foundation in Cannes to the entire face and concealed the under eye with a mixture of the Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Light and Medium.
- I also used the Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Light all over the lids and applied powder on top of it to ensure that the eyeshadows lasted all night. I like to apply eyeliner first to create the shape I want in the eye and then shadow on top of that.
- I used Le Joli Crayon in Charbon and pushed it in between the lashes, then started with a very thin line in the inner eye, gradually getting thicker towards the outside. I added a little wing on the corners to give the eyes a lift.
- To create a popping eye, I used Votre Vu’s Palette in Play in Copper.
- The lightest vanilla shadow was placed towards the inside of the eye and the lighter copper color was brushed over about ¾ of the outside lid.
- I also, very lightly, lined the inside of the eye with a burgundy color. The darker copper color in the Palette in Play was also placed close to the bottom lashes underneath the eye.
- To finish off the eyes, I used Eiffel Power Mascara as well as some individual lashes.
CHEEKS AND LIPS:
- Vu-On Rouge Color Accent in Bouquet Rose was used to give some color on the lip and cheeks.
- I applied all over the cheek using my finger.
- I wanted to create pale lip, so I used a lip brush to apply the color and went over with soft coral for a bit of sheen.
- Then I used the Beaute en Bronze Blush which was very sheer and then applied the Dior Blush in Amber on top for a bit more color.
Lastly, I set her makeup with Belle Poudre in Light.