While some parts of the country have been lucky enough to ease into summer with a touch of spring still lingering in the air, the rest of the country has already begun to feel the sting of hot temperatures and hair devastating humidity! So what’s a girl to do? When it comes to summer styles, it’s best to keep it simple and classic.
These are five of our favorite summer styles that require minimum fuss and minimum products to achieve.
While many women gasp at the thought of trimming their mane into a traditional bob, the lob (or long bob), gives women a free spirited style without feeling too drastic. Best part of the lob is that most women find a natural wave or texture magically appears with this cut. See your stylist for the perfect length (and layers as applicable) and then apply a styling cream for that tousled bed head look.
Take it to the side! While a traditional braid may seem a bit juvenile or undone for the average beauty, a side braid suggests sophistication with a hint of playfulness.
- To create the look, start with a volumizing mouse or cream to give the hair body while controlling flyaways.
- Next, pull hair to one side and create a loose braid. Secure with a hair tie, and you’re good to go!
- Before pulling hair into a topknot, it’s always best to start with either day old hair or add grit to the hair with a texturizing cream.
- Next, pull hair into a pony tail on top of your head and then pull hair half way through the band one more time to create the knot.
- To add some sexy to this sassy look, pull a few pieces of hair down around your face and neck line and lightly curl with a large barrel iron to give them some bend. Finish with a touch of hairspray, and you’re out the door.
Pony with an attitude! Attention ladies, the ponytail has officially moved out of the gym and out on the town. That’s right; this simple style is no longer reserved for yoga pants and lazy days. All you need to spice it up is a simple accessory; the headband. Pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with a clear hair tie. Next, select your headband. From crystals and bows to skinny and silky, these hair accessories are the perfect complement to any attire.
Back from the beach waves! Of all our looks, there is perhaps none sexier than beachy waves. The tousled, textured perfection may seem like it’s only diva friendly but even beauties on borrowed time can rock it.
- Start with damp, freshly washed hair and apply ample amounts of sea salt spray. Next, either allow hair to air dry while randomly scrunching, or use a finger diffuser to speed up the process.
- Add a touch of glossing serum to combat frizz, use fingers to style, and go show off your sexy!