I adore Helen Mirren. I want to be as stunningly ferocious when I grow up. To me, she is just so ridiculously cool, calm, sexy, and all around great. I was able to get my hands on her red carpet look for the Hitchcock New York Premiere. I think she looked stunning, confident, and amazing. Enjoy!
SHOP THE LOOK:
Cohl Katz – Makeup:
- I applied Chanel Lumiere with foundation brush.
- Bobby Brown concealer palette under eyes
- Laura Mercier shadow palette mixed with Stila shadows
- Nars charcoal pencil around eyes and soften with shadow
- Chanel rose Beige blush on cheeks
- MAC Soar lip pencil on lips with light gloss
HAIR: Jonathan Hanousek – Hair:
“Helen’s Dolce & Gabbana gold embroidered dress was very ornate so I really needed to keep the hair chic, sleek and simple. Keeping the hair off her face kept the look clean and modern”
- I started with Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion on damp hair and blew the hair back using a medium round brush to create some volume throughout the top of the head.
- Next I sprayed TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Conditioner through out the hair to give it a bit of a next day vibe.
- Then using a flatiron I pressed the hair behind the ears and below her occipital so it would lay flat.
- Next I took a dime size dollop of Davines Nº5 Mat Pliable Stucco For Wizards and worked it in my hands raking it though the hair to create separation and to anchor the hair behind her ears.
- To prevent the look from becoming a pompadour, I directed the hair into an irregular side part.
- Once the shape was in place I secured everything with Kerastase Double Force finishing hairspray.
- The final look felt fresh and easy and complimented Helen’s elaborate dress.