This weekend will be all about the red carpet…it is Oscar time baby! I have always loved the glitz and glamour of the award shows, and last weekend I had the opportunity to be treated like a star. It was amazing, and fascinating all the same time. CoverGirl and Herbal Essences treated a few bloggers to a “red carpet” worthy beauty day where we got to try out some of the celebrity makeup artists favorite products. Here was the breakdown and some of their amazing tips!
CoverGirl celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey:
Jake Bailey is one of the best makeup artists in the business, and his clients include Katy Perry and Gwen Stefani. To say I was thrilled to have him paint my face is the understatement of the year! I told him about my upcoming wedding, and he gave me a classic red carpet look that was wedding worthy. He also used the same lipstick on me that he applied to Katy Perry for the Grammys… LOVE me some Tempting Toffee.
- Jake started by using a kabuki brush to buff in CoverGirl 3in1 foundation. This is his favorite foundation for red carpet because of it’s fuller coverage and staying power
- Next he used Ready Set Gorgeous concealer to mask my dark circles and highlight along my nose. He says he always prefers liquid underneath the eyes instead of a cream, which can crease.
- For blush he swiped a soft, delicate peach that was subtle and perfect for everyday.
- This look was all about the eyes, and he spent most of the time tight lining my upper eyelash and creating a very subtle, yet effecting cat eye. The CoverGirl liquid eyeliner is perfect because the handle is small and allows you to get impossible close to the eyelash for maximum drama.
- For eyeshadow he swept a stunning taupe and champagne shimmer on the lid. The focus was all about the liner and lashes.
- Last, but not least, he used his famous “credit card trick” to coat my lashes and give me that false lash look. Simply place a credit card near the lash and brush upward. The lashes will push against the credit card, giving you full control and allowing you to coat every lash with mascara. He used my all time favorite CoverGirl Lash Blast!
Herbal Essences celebrity hairstyist Charles Strahan:
Charles is behind so many red carpet looks, and I can tell why he is a celebrity favorite. He instantly made me feel comfortable in his chair, and guided me through my look with such kindness, humor, and education. Let me tell you, I am always a nervous nelly when it comes to getting my hair done. I have crazy big hair, and most stylists can make me look like I am on a parade float. But not Charles! He taught me to love hair moose again, and to embrace “hair imperfection”. He told me that “perfection is the enemy of a good hairstyle” and that “you want your hair to have life!”. YES SIR. He gave me loose tousled waves, and introduced me to the new Wild Naturals line by Herbal Essences, which has been in my beauty rotation ever since.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch curling iron and start mid shaft. Never start your curl at the bottom or at the roots. Slowly move the curler down the hair shaft, and release. To get a looser finish, pull on the ends before the hair cools.
- Don’t be afraid of hair moose. Long gone are the days of crunch curls! I loved Herbal Essences Volumizing Souffle because it gave me texture and helped the curls have movement.
- Charles also demonstrated the new spray shine and said it was a great example of hydrating the hair without weighing it down.