For the past two weeks, I have resembled a red headed version of Elmer Fudd. A summer time flu took hold, and knocked me off my keister. DayQuill, and an overabundance of Orange Juice has left me extremely light headed and completely void of any blogging skills whatsoever!
And, as much as I would have loved to have hidden away in my apartment watching reruns, these past two weeks have been busy ones!
So, yet again, I look to my beauty closet to save me and help me fake a well rested (and not half dead) appearance. Actually, I have used this formulation of skin boosting serums, soft lit makeup, and vitamin loaded juices for days when I am exhausted.....flu or not! This simple beauty plan is great for days *or weeks* when you are exhausted, travel weary, or overworked. It fakes a good nights sleep perfectly.
Yves Saint Laurent foundation
The illuminating magic light of Touche Éclat is in a foundation! I couldn't ask for anything more when I am feeling pale, ghastly, and all around sickly. If you are a fan of Touche Eclat (who isn't really?), than you will adore this foundation. Light, hydrating and luminous. It brings back the glow!
This concentrate of essential oils and botanical packs a punch. It diminishes the tri-fecta of tired; puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles.
In desperation, I grabbed this during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, and I am so very glad I did. This little set saved me when I was too tired to think of what makeup to apply. The colors are uber complimentary, soft, illuminating, and super flattering. I looked polished without trying!
This holiday I was given the task to go and find the perfect "holiday beauty wish list" of products from Ulta. Well, it is a hard job, but I am more than happy to do it!
Every holiday season I love scouring the beauty isles for new or limited edition products. Also, I have always adored the holiday gift sets, that give you an incredible bang for your buck! Seriously, it is a beauty junkies dream.
One of the things I love most about Ulta is that they have a great combination of hard to find brands, along with some of your favorite staples. I always head to Ulta to stock up on IT Cosmetics, Dermablend, and my CoverGirl. The perfect one stop shop!
For this wish list, I decided to create a set of products that would get you through the holiday parties with ease.
- Mia 2 Clarisonic Skin Care Cleansing System: This is my holy grail of products. And, during the holiday season when the weather wrecks havoc on you skin, this is the perfect way to keep your skin fresh and ready for your moisturizer.
- Meaningful Beauty Creme de Serum: I have turned many of my friends onto this little power packed moisturizer. It blends the power of a serum with the intensity of a hydrating moisturizer. It feels like silk on the skin and makes my winter dry face feel comforted.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye: Let's face it, the holidays are stressful. No sleep, late nights, and bad weather can take a toll. So, one of the most important things for me is a good concealer to mask my tired dark circles. This little beauty is a peach pigment that also is packed with skincare essentials that conceal and help to brighten up your dark circles as well!
- Tarte Cosmetics Stop and Stare Eyeliner Set: you can not go wrong with this set. My favorite SmolderEyes chunky (and waterproof!) eyeliners in two stunning limited edition bronze colors, and three Skinny SmolderEyes liners that will help you create an instant and sexy smokey eye. Love!
- Ulta Chi Ceramic Flat Iron: Not only is this a phenomenal price point (under $100), but Chi is one of my favorite flat irons. The design and shape allows you to straighten and curl, making this duo task master the perfect hair tool for your holiday parties. I adore creating romantic waves for the holidays, and this makes it easy.
- Marc Jacobs Honey: I love to have a bright floral perfume for the holidays. My only problem is that I can never find one that isn't a sweet smelling overload. I like my perfume to smell fresh, and clean but not overwhelming. Marc Jacobs Honey is just that; clean and pretty. It reminds me of Spring, and gets me compliments all day long.
What is on your wish list? If you want to see more of my beauty picks, than check out my Pinterest Holiday Gift Guide.
ULTA Beauty is not just another store for holiday shopping; it's an exciting wonderland of beauty products that make great gifts, stocking stuffers and personal treats. This year, ULTA is filled with a dazzling variety of holiday treasures that are sure to delight your friends, family, loved ones, and even yourself!
Discourse: Compensation was provided by ULTA Beauty via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of ULTA Beauty.
The lovely ladies of Style Mined asked me to share my 8 favorite holiday eye palettes. So, I put together a list of both value sets, and a few extravagant goodies. Enjoy!
1. Urban Decay The Basic Naked Collection
2. Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette For Eyes
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Holiday Gift Sets, Makeup Products
Tagged bareMinerals, Bobbi Brown, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, holiday beauty, Holiday Gift Sets, Holiday Gifts, Laura Mercier, LORAC cosmetics, Tarte Cosmetics, Too Faced
I have a love/hate relationship with compact face and eye palettes. I love the thought of them, but most of the time I only like and use one or two colors and the rest is a waste of space. I also can’t stand the little tins of lip gloss that get all over everything, and make the compact a mess. See!! Love/hate at it’s best.
But, recently I was able to try out Senna Cosmetics Get A Nude Attitude Face Palettes. I received the Warm Sultry Palette and instantly fell in love! Not only were the colors super wearable, but there wasn’t a needless color in the bunch. All six colors were neutral, and blended together to create oodles of options.