Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter... more
Be A Member!find out more
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
- Beauty Articles
- Beauty Breakdowns
- Beauty for a Cause
- Best Of
- Celebrity Looks
- Cheap and Fabulous
- Contributor Articles
- Daily Beauty News
- Friday Top 5
- Holiday Gift Sets
- Makeup Artist Tips
- Makeup Products
- Makeup Wars!
- New Products
- New York Fashion Week
- Reader Spotlight
- The Beauty Blog Network Weekend Read
- The Beauty Club
- Cargo Eyelighter
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- The Makeup Sessions Membership
- Puffy Eye Minimizer
- The Top Tips for Voluminous Lips, Eyes, and Hair
- Get Gorgeous Brows
- Chloe Mortez Beauty Breakdown
- Eye Makeup Ideas For Prom
- Top 5 Supplements That Clear Up Acne
- The Top 5 Fashion and Beauty Trends for Spring
- Halloween Makeup Inspiration
- Top 5 Quick & Easy Beauty Tips!
- 11 tips to help prevent wrinkles!
- DIY Manicure At Home
Product of the Month
Tag Archives: Hourglass Cosmetics
Since this week I am reviewing my favorite holiday sets, I had to include a set from one of my all time favorite lines: Hourglass Cosmetics.
This best-of set features two of my favorite primers that are designed for all skin types.
- Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 neutralizes redness (even rosacea!); helps minimize the appearance of all visible pores, fine lines, and imperfections; extends the durability of all makeup applied on top of it; and repels water. This has been one of my go-to primers for the last year. I absolutely love the finish.
No. 28 Primer Serum is infused with 28 ultra-hydrating ingredients to nourish your skin. If your skin is dry and flaky than run out and get this. Now! I have been using this during the past month when my skin has become severely dry. This is also incredible on mature skin.
- Fourteen essential oils soften the complexion: bois de rose, lavender, geranium, petit grain, lemon, rosemary, vanilla, clove, amyris, orange, ylang ylang, eucalyptus, cedar, and rose geranium.
- Ten lipid-rich plant oils help hydrate the skin’s underlying layers: hazelnut, kukui nut, rose hip, borage, olive, green tea, cherry pit, sweet almond, jojoba, and evening primrose.
- And four skin-rejuvenating vitamins condition the complexion: A, B5, C and E.
- Also included is the Film Noire Full Spectrum Mascara. This luxurious mascara leaves the lashes inky black. This multitasking mascara lengthens, lifts, adds volume and clump-free definition, and conditions. Perfection!
- You also get a full size Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss. The color is the perfect neutral, and I use it to top off my favorite pink lipsticks. The gloss is also water-resistant, which is perfect for the snowy, wet weather!
One of my favorite redheads rocked the red carpet last night. For the Emmys, makeup artist Vanessa Scali gave the Mad Men star a gorgeous look to complement the old Hollywood feel of her Christian Siriano gown and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. “I was inspired by the soft, feminine look of the dress and its cool, shimmery neutral color against her skin.
Emily Blunt turned heads at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of Looper last night. The British stunner, sporting newly blonde locks (which I still not so sure about) and a tight, lovely mauve Roland Mouret dress, had an ethereal glow orchestrated by makeup artist Jenn Streicher. Streicher used makeup from one of my favorite brands, Hourglass to play up luminous skin, smoky eyes and nude matte lips.