Amber Heard looked stunning with a romantic twist on the smokey eye. The actress, teamed her midnight blue Atelier Versace dress with a romantic up-do and alluring makeup by Hourglass Cosmetics. Not only did I love the look, but I wholeheartedly admit that Hourglass is one of my favorite cosmetic brands. Every product screams pretty! In all honesty, I cannot live without my Ambient Lighting Powders, and No.28 Primer. “Amber brought some of her own ideas to the mix,” says makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen. “She liked the idea of focusing on sultry chocolate eyes, creamy skin and soft nude lips. I was just bringing out the remarkable geometry and beauty of her face.”Here’s how to recreate the look:
- Moisturize skin with Cle de Peau Gentle Nourishing Emulsion.
- Prime with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum
- conceal with Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Warm, and follow with Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in Light Beige. “No. 28 hydrates beautifully but it also creates a magical finish,” he says.
BROWS: Define the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette.
- Apply the shell shade from the Hourglass Vol. 6 Eye Palette as a base color all over the lids.
- Follow with the bronze shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy applied to the crease and under the eyes.
- Deepen the bronze with the brown shade from Vol. 6 Eye Palette applied to the outer corner, top and bottom of the lids.
- Line the eyes with a deep plum pencil like MAC Eye Kohl Prunella. “I also smudged the line with the black shadow from the palette,” he says.
- Apply a high-shine pearl shadow to the inner corner of the eye. Apply a coat of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara, allow to dry and curl lashes.
- Amplify with individual lashes like Ardell Duralash Flare in Medium Black.
- Apply the sheer rose shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to the cheeks, and highlight with the sheer champagne shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light.
- Retrace your steps with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, an opalescent sheer powder which mimics a moonlit glow.
- Line lips with Hourglass Trace Lip Liner in Bare and follow with Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Whisper, a golden pinky beige shimmer. “The look is glamorous but restrained,” adds VanLeeuwen. “She is so extraordinarily beautiful.”
Today's question is how to apply luminous powder . Well, this is a great question because right now luminizing powders are popping up all over the beauty market and there's great reason too. They add a soft focused glow to the face, can help to minimize pores and help to liven up an uneven skin tone or a dull complexion. The tip that you need to know though is not apply it all over the face. This can sometimes lead to a shiny look or just too much glow. You want to make sure that you apply it only in certain areas.
I prefer to use a loose powder because it gives me more control. Now you need to keep the powder an illuminizing powder on the top of the cheekbones, right here on the top of the eyebrow. You can do it on top of the Cupid's Bow and even on top of the eyebrow bone right here. Now as you can see it comes off very, very intensely, so you want to make sure that you blend it in. I like to use small tiny circular strokes.
Now you can see the difference of how that instantly brightened up her face and gave a really beautiful soft look and a last tip that really helps is you can use these luminizing powders to enhance the decolletage area. It's perfect for Summer when you are wearing beautiful strapless Summer dresses. And that's it, easy and simple ways of how to apply luminous powder .
Since this week I am reviewing my favorite holiday sets, I had to include a set from one of my all time favorite lines: Hourglass Cosmetics.
This best-of set features two of my favorite primers that are designed for all skin types.
Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 neutralizes redness (even rosacea!); helps minimize the appearance of all visible pores, fine lines, and imperfections; extends the durability of all makeup applied on top of it; and repels water. This has been one of my go-to primers for the last year. I absolutely love the finish.
No. 28 Primer Serum is infused with 28 ultra-hydrating ingredients to nourish your skin. If your skin is dry and flaky than run out and get this. Now! I have been using this during the past month when my skin has become severely dry. This is also incredible on mature skin.
Fourteen essential oils soften the complexion: bois de rose, lavender, geranium, petit grain, lemon, rosemary, vanilla, clove, amyris, orange, ylang ylang, eucalyptus, cedar, and rose geranium.
Ten lipid-rich plant oils help hydrate the skin’s underlying layers: hazelnut, kukui nut, rose hip, borage, olive, green tea, cherry pit, sweet almond, jojoba, and evening primrose.
And four skin-rejuvenating vitamins condition the complexion: A, B5, C and E.
Also included is the Film Noire Full Spectrum Mascara. This luxurious mascara leaves the lashes inky black. This multitasking mascara lengthens, lifts, adds volume and clump-free definition, and conditions. Perfection!
You also get a full size Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss. The color is the perfect neutral, and I use it to top off my favorite pink lipsticks. The gloss is also water-resistant, which is perfect for the snowy, wet weather!
Christina Hendricks at 2012 Emmys
One of my favorite redheads rocked the red carpet last night. For the Emmys, makeup artist Vanessa Scali gave the Mad Men star a gorgeous look to complement the old Hollywood feel of her Christian Siriano gown and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. “I was inspired by the soft, feminine look of the dress and its cool, shimmery neutral color against her skin.
Emily Blunt Looper premiere Toronto Film Festival 2012
Emily Blunt turned heads at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of Looper last night. The British stunner, sporting newly blonde locks (which I still not so sure about) and a tight, lovely mauve Roland Mouret dress, had an ethereal glow orchestrated by makeup artist Jenn Streicher. Streicher used makeup from one of my favorite brands, Hourglass to play up luminous skin, smoky eyes and nude matte lips.