This is such a great, classic look! I love the take on the bright red lip, using one of my favorite lines, Jouer. Below is a full breakdown of Nina's fiery look, created by Celebrity Makeup Artist, Beau Nelson and Celebrity Hairstylist, Riawna Capri.
“I wanted to keep Nina looking fresh and sophisticated, so I decided to echo her dress color in her lips. I kept the rest of the face neutral and softly contoured emphasizing her perfect skin and beautiful bone structure." - Beau Nelson
Brows were an important focal point. I used Anastasia Brow Pencil in Dark Brown and Brow Powder in Taupe to define brows leaving them soft but strong.
I used Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint mixed with Armani Designer Lift to perfect already beautiful skin and covered any redness using Cinema Secrets Concealer.
Cheeks were contoured with Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate and Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. I used NARS Multiple in South Beach to add a little bit of bronze glow to the face.
Nina applied her own individual flash lashes with her fingers (amazing!) and I coated them and her natural lashes with a light cost of L’Oreal Carbon Black Mascara.
Lips took center stage with Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Ava, which I applied with an Urban Decay lip brush for precision.
The final touch was MAC Clear Lipglass on eyelids to make them look almost plastic coated, which I found to be an interesting contrast of texture between her satin texture skin and her semi matte vivid red orange.”
“The back of Nina’s [Zuhair Murad] dress had an intricate and cool design with a tassel tie hanging from the back, and we wanted to be able to show that off. We opted for a texturized high ponytail with lots of volume.” – Riawna Capri
- First, Capri gave Dobrev a beautiful, voluminous blow out with a ROUND brush to give the hair the perfect foundation to create a ponytail with lots of texture.
- Before blowing out the hair, Capri applied Garnier Fructis Sky-Hi Volume Mousse to damp hair to ensure maximum volume is achieved in the blow out.
- Next, Capri put TWO BIG ROLLERS IN THE BANG AREA to give extra lift at the roots and sprayed it with Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hair Spray before pulling the hair back into a high ponytail using A HOOK RUBBERBAND.
- To hide the ponytail hook, Capri took a small piece of hair, braided it into a skinny braid and wrapped it around the ponytail hook.
- Capri used a 1 1/4 Hot Tools NexGen Curling Iron to curl the hair vertically, but leaving the ends a bit straight.
- She then used Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Texture Tease Dry Touch Finish Spray all over the ponytail to give it body.
- Afterwards, Capri split the ponytail in half so she could tease the top sections of the ponytail and give it a lift.
- Once the ponytail look was in place, Capri teased the roots of Dobrev’s hair and gave her bangs some volume by using the end of a tail comb to help lift the hair around the crown.
- Finally, for the perfect, healthy glow finish and control the flyaways, Capri set the entire look with Garnier Fructis Full Control Anti-Humidity Spray.
The annual Met Gala is a beauty and fashion lovers dream. A red carpet filled with the best beauty looks of the year, all curated by the top makeup artists from all around the country! There were so many amazing looks this year that I decided to create two "Best of Beauty" posts to highlight them all. First round: makeup. Enjoy!
BLAKE LIVELY: “This look is very classic but very glamorous. We wanted to nod to Charles James’ aesthetic by creating a look reminiscent of vintage Hollywood but modernize it with a muted red lip.”
Key NARS products used:
MARION COTILLARD: "The dress makes a graphic statement and we complemented it with glowing skin, iridescent eyes and richly pigmented lips," says makeup artist Christophe Danchaud.
- Danchaud used Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow in Exhibition.
- He began by applying the shimmer lilac shade all over her lids.
- He then applied the dark mauve shade in the duo close to her lash line and to the outer corner of her eye.
- He extended the mauve shade to underneath her eyes, close to the lash line.
- To lighten up his handiwork, he used a gold pigment on the lids.
- Finally, he applied several coats of mascara.
- He defined the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette.
JANNELLE MONAE: "The Met Gala is one the biggest fashion events in New York City. It’s a night where fashion meets beauty and this year my beauty was the talented Janelle Monae"
- I massaged a light weight moisturizer all over her face and along her neck. Giving the moisturizer plenty of time to penetrate the skin, I then applied a pore minimizing primer all over her face using a synthetic brush.
- Using a sponge, I applied COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation all over Janelle’s face, starting by her nose and blending upwards and outwards.
- Using my ring finger, I sparingly dabbed truBLEND Concealer under her eyes.
- To highlight and begin to give her skin dimension, I applied truMAGIC Luminizer on top of her cheek bones, down her nose and a tiny bit to her lips cupid’s bow.
- To contour her face I applied Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronze around her hair line, under her cheek bone, along the jaw bone and slightly down the sides of her nose.
- I brushed her brows into place with a clean mascara wand and using a firm angle brush, filled them in with a medium brown shadow.
- I applied a skin tone matte shadow to her lid and then, with a windshield wiper motion, applied a soft brick color, COVERGIRL Queen Collection Shadow Pot in Dazzle, to her crease with a blending brush.
- I lined her water line with Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion and then created a perfect winged look.
- I finished with false lashes and then applied two coats of the new Bombshell Curvaceous Mascara for a really dark, intense look.
LIPS AND NAILS:
- Now that her eyes and skin are finished I used a cherry red liner to define her lips, filled them in slightly and accentuated her cupid's bow.
- COVERGIRLs richly pigmented, and Janelle’s signature, LipPerfection Lipcolor in Hot #305 was then applied with a lip brush ( for ultimate precision) and an electrifying red carpet look was born!
Janelle was rocking COVERGIRL Nail Gloss in Ever Reddy on her nails!
STACY MARTIN: "Stacy is wearing a colorful Miu Miu dress with stunning embellishments so we created a fresh look to accentuate her natural beauty without competing with the dress! We created a minimalistic look with a touch of bronzy glow for a flawless finish," mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg said.
- I used Jouer Brow Fix Gel to shape the brows
- Then created a subtle cat eye using mark's Get In Line Hook Up Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner in Painted Black.
- I applied Ardell Lashes 301 to the corner of Stacy's eyes and finished with multiple coats of mark's Lash All You Want High Volume Mascara in Blackest Black.
LIPS: I completed the look by accentuating her natural lip color using mark's Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Baby Luv.
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Celebrity Looks, Get The Look
Tagged Blake Lively, celebrity makeup looks, CoverGirl, get the look, Hourglass Cosmetics, Jouer, mark celebrity makeup artist Jamie Greenberg, Mark cosmetics, Met Gala 2014, Met Gala Beauty 2014
Celebrity Makeup Artist: Lisa Storey for Jouer Cosmetics
“To balance the sexy silver gown that fit Miranda so perfectly, I was inspired to keep a feeling of a fresh faced classic beauty. I loved the bright pops of coral and peach hues while keeping the eyes subtle and soft but still with a glamorous feel.”
- To begin, I prepped the skin with Jouer Anti-Aging Moisture Primer followed by Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden.
- I applied Age-Repairing Perfecter no. 2 in Crème for more coverage where needed and Age-Repairing Brightener in Medium under the eye area.
- On Miranda’s eyes I applied Crème Eyeshadow Crayons in Rococo over the lid, blending the outer corner with Baroque.
- I dusted Powder Eyeshadow in Walnut in the crease and blended upward and outward.
- I lined the inner eye with Eye Definer in Chocolat, finishing her look with lashings of Everyday Effortless Mascara in Noir.
- The brows were gently filled with Brow Definer in Cendré.
- For the cheeks I patted Tint in Poppy on the cheeks, then after a light dust of Mineral Face Powder in Perle Naturel, I applied Mineral Powder Blush in Peach Bouquet.
I completed the look with Hydrating Lipstick in Grace.
One of my favorite looks from Sundays awards was the gunmetel goddess dress worn by Kate Beckinsale. Another thing I adored was her sexy, yet refined makeup look. Sexy yet classic. Below, her makeup artist Adam Breuchaud worked with Jouer Cosmetics to get her look.
“When I first saw the silver and gunmetal metallic dress I immediately thought it needed a sexy, rock n' roll make up. We decided on a smudged kohl eye, almost the day after look"
- I started by smudging Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Suede all over the eye.
- I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Opal in the inner corner for a highlight, then layered Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Chocolat over her lid.
- Next, I applied Jouer Eye Definer in Noir along the top and bottom lash line. Over that I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Licorice to really smoke out the look.
- After cleaning under her eye I applied the Jouer Age-Repairing Concealer in No.3 Cameo where needed.
- Then I applied the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed as a foundation.
- It is sheer enough to let the skin show through where you want and build more coverage where you need.
- On Kate’s cheeks, I applied Jouer’s cream Tint in Whisper and Mineral Powder Bronzer in Sunshine - my favorite go to duo.Together they define and brighten the cheek effortlessly.
LIPS: To finish off the look I used Jouer Lip Gloss in Cherish.
Since I'm out and about more during the summer, I look for lip products that protect from the sun and keep my lips moisturized. Jouer's line of lip products delivers perfectly in shades that match all occasions. It's ideal for having a few “matches everything” colors in my purse so I can quickly touch up and look great no matter where I'm going.
My favorite is Jouer's Lip Sheer SPF 15. Eight beautiful shades give my lips a touch of color along with moisturizing Vitamin E and aloe vera. My only real complaint is the lack of any deeper colors such as red or burgundy for when I want a bit more color. However, I found that by using it over their Hydrating Lipstick I get the perfect balance of color and protection. Bright colors such as Simone and Whitney are summer friendly and beautifully flirtable.
When night comes, I don't need any SPF, so I switch to Jouer's Moisturizing Lip Gloss. I'm in love with Hibiscus and Mirage. If you use other Jouer products, you'll enjoy the connecting vial that hooks to any Jouer palettes. The lip gloss isn't just sexy and shiny, it's full of nourishing Vitamin E, jojoba seed oil and shea butter.
All of Jouer's lip products are perfect for summer and the colors are classic so you'll always be in style. At only $22, it's a wonderful addition to your summer beauty routine.