How to get Katy Perry’s 2014 GRAMMYs Red Carpet Look:
Red Carpet Makeup by Jake Bailey:
"Katy had a very clear idea of what she wanted for the GRAMMYs this year. She wanted sexy eyes, elegant lashes and she wanted to GLOW! I was quick to agree as I had seen the ethereal gown she was going to wear – stunning!"
- I started by prepping her skin with Olay’s new Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. This is perfect to use under makeup as it delivers lots of moisture but still feels lightweight and foundation glides smoothly over it.
- Once the moisturizer had absorbed, I got to work on the skin. Since we were going for maximum "glow" I mixed equal parts COVERGIRL BB cream and COVERGIRL TruBLEND Liquid Foundation on the back of my palm before buffing it all over her face and neck with a soft brush for sheer coverage and a polished glow.
- I started the eye look by painting a delicate line onto her lashline and a subtle "cat eye" wing in the outer corners of her eyes using COVERGIRL Bombshell Liquid Liner.
- I then coated her lashes with Bombshell Volume Mascara, top and bottom. I used the first coat to get that volumized look and then applied the second coat for the intense jet black wet lash look.
- I then applied Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess into the crease of her eyelid and highlighted her lids and browbones with Flamed Out Shadow in Blazing White.
- I finished the eye look with a strong brow and a coat of clear mascara to hold them in place.
- Once I finished with the eyes, I warmed and highlighted her complexion using COVERGIRL TruMAGIC Sunkisser and Luminizer. I blended the Sunkisser along the hairline and into the hollows of the cheeks to add warmth and dimension.
- I then took the Luminizer and used it to add a golden glow to her cheekbones, tip of her nose and just above the cupids bow of her lips.
- Once I set the makeup with COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder, I dusted a little bit of shimmery coral blush on the apples of her cheeks.
- I finished the look with a fresh coral/pink shade called "Heavenly" from the COVERGIRL LipPerfection collection and tipped it with a touch of balm for extra shine.
Hair from Celebrity Stylist Renato Campora
"Katy wanted to wear her hair up and I was inspired by the soft, romantic look of her dress"
- First I sprayed her hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist and then blew it out to a sleek, polished finish.
- Once her hair was dry, I pulled it into a tight, high ponytail.
- To add more volume and texture to the ponytail, I sprayed the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo throughout the length of her hair.
- Then I twisted the ponytail and wrapped it around the base of her hair to create the crown.
- I secured the crown with bobby pins and misted the hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer to polish her look and set her style in place.