I think that beauty education is one of the most important things a woman can do for herself. So many times we go into a department store, and get overwhelmed with all the different products and choices. We end up with makeup we don’t want, or will never end up using. So, MAKE UP FOR EVER came up with a solution!
MAKE UP FOR EVER is taking its Make Up School on the road and will be coming to L.A. on Friday, February 1st through Sunday, February 3rd. Since they also know that every woman owns a couple products that she has no idea how to use, they are inviting consumers to bring them their make up bags and they will teach them how to use what they already own, regardless of the brand or type of product. They are bringing the same techniques used by wardrobe stylists in the closet to style and overhaul consumers’ make up bags at their mobile Make Up School. The idea is to make your make up bag work harder. You have to love this!
WHAT: Nearly every woman owns at least one impulse beauty buy that she has no idea how to use, or is too intimidated to try on her own at home. MAKE UP FOR EVER’s team of professional artists will take a look inside consumers’ make up bags and teach them how to properly use what they’ve got regardless of the brand, as well as overhaul products that are the wrong shade or texture or may be past their prime.
1) MAKE UP FOR EVER Uplight Face Luminizer: Mix this with your foundation, or place anywhere you want to glow. An oil-free, luminizing gel that highlights the face for an ultra-natural glow. It contains more than 70% water for a fresh, lightweight texture as well as mango butter that creates a moisturizing effect. Formulated for the face and body, this product adds a healthy glow to your skin that will last all day.
2) LORAC Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder: I use this on top of cheekbones, and on the eyelids for the perfect luminous touch. This silky oil-free powder instantly puts your face in its best light, giving your skin a luminous Red Carpet glow.
3) Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl in Golden Pink: When I am feeling blah, I use this in place of a primer. Its sheer, light-reflecting formula in a fresh, raspberry scent glides on smoothly for a breathtakingly radiant complexion. Wear it alone for a youthful dewy glow, or over makeup for lustrous “pearlessence.”
4) Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder in Sheer Gold: Referred to me by Kevin James Bennett, this powder is a god send. A multitasking translucent powder infused with illuminating gold powder. Inspired by actual candlelight, this product is formulated to set makeup while imparting a soft-focused glow. For all its immediate, “glowing” results, it’s also packed with a powerful dose of skin-saving antioxidants that protect and soothe tired skin as the golden-peachy tone warms and illuminates any complexion—reducing the appearance of fine lines and imperfections.
5) Fresh Satin Luster Face Palette Satin Luster Face Palette 3: Buff on a gorgeous glow with this palette of weightless, creamy shimmers that instantly illuminate the skin. Enriched with rejuvenating evening primrose seed oil and nourishing meadowfoam seed oil, these satin lusters create a soft iridescence that makes the skin look like it’s glowing from within.
1) Estee Lauder ‘Double Wear’ Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer: Looks flawless for 15 hours!! Feels comfortable, never dry and stays seamlessly without creasing. The lightweight, transfer-resistant cream formula is infused with minerals and emollients to condition skin and make blending easy for a luminous finish that lasts. Water-, perspiration- and humidity-resistant. Thank you!
2) Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer Honey: A makeup-artist favorite, Cle de Peau Beaute concealer continues to win major awards year after year. Why? It is the best! Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections. Tip: For lighter skin tones, the Honey shade can be used underneath your matching concealer as a color corrector for truly dark areas
3)Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Sc-4: The best one-two punch for discoloration and dark circles. Secret Camouflage contains a unique two-shade system: one to match the skin’s depth of color and one to match the skin’s undertone. It helps to conceal redness, blemishes and age spots for a more even appearance.
5) Orlane Highlighter: A highlighting complexion pen that needs to be kept in your purse at all times! Areas of shadow and signs of fatigue are chased away for instant light diffusion. The formula is enriched with smoothing, draining and filtering active ingredients with a soft focus effect.
For my final Halloween post, I wanted to share a very cool tutorial. YouTube sensation, make-up artist Promise Phan showed one lucky fan how to get the ultimate Halloween make-over! Promise demonstrated the “Roy Lichtenstein crying girl” look with cool, easy and doable application techniques. Promise is incredibly engaging during the live ooVoo chat where she also engages with consumers via Facebook and Twitter, and I just love her wit. It’s a great, interactive exchange and addresses real consumer’s questions and comments across the make-up spectrum. This video is truly great for makeup students, or beauty buffs alike.
Yesterday, I participated in a very fun Google+ Hangout session with Samantha Lim, Editor-in-Chief of FashionIndie, Janna Mandell of Beauty Binge and Stacy Reid of TINte Cosmetics. I was thrilled to work with all of these amazing ladies! We put together a video of Halloween inspired looks in hopes to give some inspiration to anyone searching for a last minute costume. Janna did an adorable kitty kat with sultry black eyes, and Stacy showed how TINte cosmetics could help you achieve several different looks (I am currently obsessed with the sexy green goblin!).
And me? Well, I decided to rock out my old faithful 80’s girl. Seriously, this is my go-to costume when I am blank on ideas and in need of a quick, and fun outfit. And, secretly, I am still in love with the 80’s. I used to ADORE my big neon earrings and bright pink Wet n’ Wild lipgloss. Ahhh, those were the days of excess and glory!
I had the pleasure of working with a personal client yesterday, and she asked me to compile a list of my top beauty favorites and recommendations to her. She was a striking woman in her early 40’s, with a stunning smile, and medium skin. After I made my list of recommendations for her, I realized how universal it was. This list is truly compiled of some of my all time favorite products that I use in my professional makeup kit, and my personal kit as well. You can easily tailor some of the recommendations to your skintone,and skin type. Enjoy!