Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter... more
Be A Member!find out more
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
- Beauty Articles
- Beauty Breakdowns
- Beauty for a Cause
- Best Of
- Celebrity Looks
- Cheap and Fabulous
- Contributor Articles
- Daily Beauty News
- Friday Top 5
- Holiday Gift Sets
- Makeup Artist Tips
- Makeup Products
- Makeup Wars!
- New Products
- New York Fashion Week
- Reader Spotlight
- The Beauty Blog Network Weekend Read
- The Beauty Club
- Cargo Eyelighter
- Get Gorgeous Brows
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- The Makeup Sessions Membership
- Puffy Eye Minimizer
- The Top Tips for Voluminous Lips, Eyes, and Hair
- Jennifer Bradley Cosmetics
- DIY Manicure At Home
- Angelina Jolie Beauty Inspiration
- 11 tips to help prevent wrinkles!
- Sunscreen Tips
- Eye Makeup Ideas For Prom
- Kate Upton Beauty Breakdown
- Chloe Moretz Beauty Breakdown
Product of the Month
Tag Archives: NARS
Last week, I happily added my two cents to an amazing list of beauty tips for women over 40. The blog Prime Beauty Blog put together a great post that not only includes some very cool beauty tricks, but gets its info from some of the top beauty bloggers around. Enjoy! "When trying to come up with some original beauty tips for this post, I fell short of inspiration so I enlisted the help of my awesome beauty blogger friends. I asked them for their best secrets for the over 40 crowd and here they are!"
- As we age, our eyelashes don’t grow as quickly so I use a heated eyelash curler to give me the appearance of longer, fuller lashes. ~ Prime Beauty
- Using a good primer that will help even out fine lines in the skin and give you a smooth surface to apply foundation. I recommend Laura Gellar Spackle Under Makeup-Primer or Too Faced Primed & Poreless. I also recommend Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Foundation if you need light to medium coverage. -Phyrra
- While you can’t completely erase sun damage on your face, you can fade how dark it appears by applying topical Vitamin C daily. Be sure to look for brands that use a stable form of Vitamin C, as unstable Vitamin C will oxidize, turn brown and render ineffective. My recommendation is Inviciblescars. A Girl’s Gotta Spa
- Try red LED light for anti-aging, even if wrinkles are not showing up yet. Red light devices are getting more and more affordable, and they work quite well to address not just fine line and wrinkles, but also discoloration. They can make your skin look brighter and healthier overall. It is a splurge item that is well worth the money. Beauty and Fashion Tech.
- See a dermatologist and see what kind of low to no downtime procedures that can improve your concerns. A heavy peel, micro dermabrasion, laser or DermaPen treatment can temporarily slow or stop the clock. See a dermatologist for a consult and see what might work for you! Gouldylox Reviews
This week has been great for new makeup looks from Sundance showing how to rock a winter glow. Today’s’ breakdown is from the lovely Kate Bosworth, whose makeup at last night’s “BIG SUR” premiere at Sundance was provided by makeup artist Kelsey Deenihan. Enjoy!
GET THE LOOK:
- koh gen do moisture foundation in 123
- NARS powder foundation in Light 1
- contour-NARS Laguna
- apples of cheeks- NARA Gina
I had the pleasure of working with a personal client yesterday, and she asked me to compile a list of my top beauty favorites and recommendations to her. She was a striking woman in her early 40′s, with a stunning smile, and medium skin. After I made my list of recommendations for her, I realized how universal it was. This list is truly compiled of some of my all time favorite products that I use in my professional makeup kit, and my personal kit as well. You can easily tailor some of the recommendations to your skintone,and skin type. Enjoy!
PRODUCTS FROM THE VIDEO:
The video above shows how to achieve a radiant and glowing makeup look for women over 50. Hydrated skin, soft pink lips, and well defined eyes are essential and easily explained by Mathias Alan. But, this look and the products he used are universally flattering and can be used by women of ALL ages!! Some of my favorite products that he uses in the video include Chelsea Girls Lipgloss, Cover FX Primer and the Beauty Blender.
His main tips include:
- Hydrate the skin well
- Always use cream blush to keep the cheeks looking supple
- Curl the lashes to make the eyes look open and awake
- Experiment with a Clarifying Pencil
- Keep the lips natural and neutral
Last night, I had the pleasure of meeting NARS Global Director of Artistry James Boehmer, who could haven’t been cooler. Seriously cool. We talked makeup and Fashion Week, and he let me in on the secrets of NARS artists, and that “they always want one piece of definition within the neutral palette.
I am so excited about the movie The Proposal, that my movie geek girlfriend and I have already purchased matinee tickets for Friday’s opening. I know, I know! But, I must confess…I have a big girl crush on Sandra Bullock. I just adore her quirkiness, her wit and how laugh out loud funny she is. She is one of the rare actresses who can make any movie better, and who I would actually want to be friends with in real life. She looks like the kind of gal who you could sit out on the porch drinking margarita’s with….