Today we're gonna be talking about cosmetics to conceal a dark circle. Now dark circles can really be a frustration for those of us that suffer from them. I know, I'm one of them. They can instantly make you look really tired and just kind of take down the look vibrancy of your face. It's one of my biggest frustrations. But, the good thing is there are a lot of amazing concealers and correctors out there that can make you look wide awake and absolutely banish those dark circles. These are a few of my favorites. I absolutely love It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye. I mean the name just says it all. It's very dense, it has a great amount of coverage, and the colors are all a peach base, which is the key to banishing those blue undertones of your dark circles. Another one that I love is new NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It has a light reflecting quality to it, once again a beautiful peach base, really really wonderful for those days when you don't need as heavy as a coverage, but still want to make sure that you have that brightness under the eye. And last but not least, I absolutely love SmashBox Cosmetics Photo Op Under Eye Brightener for midday touch ups. It has a really nice kind of shimmer to it that's not too overwhelming and helps to really brighten up the look of the eyes during the day when you might be getting a little bit tired and those circles tend to pop back up. So I hope that helps, and I hope that you try out these cosmetics to help your dark circles.
by Sian Bitner Kearney:
As the brightly colored leaves of fall slowly turn to brown, the winter season is creeping into view. You may be aware that winter calls for a new wardrobe but did you know that it’s also time to update your look? Not to fret. We have the top five beauty trends to keep you looking hot as the temperature drops this winter season!
#1 – Bold Brows
True, this trend has been seen in seasons before but there is no time like the present to rock a bold brow. If you’re lucky enough to be born with great brows, be certain to keep them shaped by getting them waxed or threaded regularly. Feeling a bit thin in that area? Grab yourself a prescription for Latisse. You should start seeing growth in about a month.
#2 – Jewel Toned Eyes
While you may be tempted to stick to your basic brown eyeshadow, now is the best time to add a little edge to your look. Shades of purple, green, gold, and blue are popping up everywhere this season, and we must admit… we love it! Pick your favorite hue (we suggest Urban Decay’s Vice Palette 2), and make your eyes the focal point of your look.
#3 – Mega Lashes
Nothing says I’m ready for a holiday party like big, beautiful lashes! Whether you choose to add a few fake lashes to your look or opt for a great mascara (we love Benefit’s They’re Real), the bigger the lash, the trendier the look.
#4 – Soft Cheeks
Sure, a long walk on a brisk winter morning may give you a temporary glow but what about the rest of your day? This season is all about tossing the bronzer to the side and bringing out the blush. Avoid a deep fuchsia or plum color and stick with softer shades of pink and peach with a little hint of sparkle (try NARS Super Orgasm for a flawless flush.)
Foundation For Your Purse
I've used some compact foundations before, but for the most part, I wasn't a big fan. I always felt I wasn't getting as much coverage or as many benefits. It usually felt heavy on my skin as well. NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation is lightweight without sacrificing coverage. As the name implies, it's a cream based foundation that fits easily in a compact for carrying in your purse or for travel. My opinion on compact foundation has officially changed.
NARS gives you more than just coverage, it also boosts moisture levels. Within 12 hours, you can expect a boost of up to 80%. With more moisture, you'll see fewer fine lines and wrinkles. If you struggle with dry skin at all, you will want to give this foundation a try.
I love that you can apply the foundation either wet or dry. The creamy texture has a slightly damp feel, but with a wet brush you can better control coverage for trouble areas. Another thing I really like is the compact itself. You buy the compact and then choose any NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation you want. An easy to use sponge is included, but you can use your favorite foundation brush instead. With 16 shades at only $38, you're sure to find the right shade at a good price.
Are you as obsessed with Scandal as I am?! I was glued to my television last night. Obsessed! One of my favorite parts of the show is the phenomenal actors and actresses on the show. And Kerry Washington is such a luminous and stunning actress that her look is always flawless.
Just this week, NARS worked with makeup artist Brigitte Reiss-Anderson to create multiple beauty looks for Kerry Washington as she promoted the Season 3 premiere of Scandal in New York.
Makeup Artist: Brigitte Reiss-Anderson for NARS Cosmetics
“I am always inspired by the clothing. When I saw Kerry’s white dress, it was easy to see what I needed to do: sheer, fresh and light. The new Radiant Cream Compact Foundations worked perfectly for this look.”
Get the Look: Go Naked!! by Sian Bitner Kearney
Many summer looks might be packed with bright and crazy colors but there is something to be said for the minimalist. Whether it’s a picnic at the park or a romantic date night, the naked look is the perfect match for the hot summer ahead. This look is soft, sensual, natural, and easy to pull off with the right tools. Follow these steps and go naked tonight!
This is a premium membership content!
The Makeup Sessions Membership brings together my experience as a professional makeup artist, as well as creating a beauty hub where the worlds best makeup artists spill their secrets. I believe you deserve to know how to look your most beautiful with significantly less effort than ever before!
When you're a member, you get:
- Let the makeup blogger team scour the web for you and bring you the best beauty secrets from celebrity makeup artists
- How to recreate celebrity looks for the real world….and in less time.
- View interviews with prominent makeup artists
- Have direct access to the team of beauty experts
Find out more about the membership here
1) NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil Frivolous: I currently have two of these pencils in my purse, and love layering them and feeling how soft and buttery they are in my lips. The other bonus is that the staying power is amazing. They last and last. Makeup Artist Tip: Use these lovely pencils as a cheek stain as well!
2) CoverGirl Lip Perfection: For those of you that love a sheer stain, and a budget friendly find, than look no further. The colors are luscious and smooth and hydrate the lips with a soft veil of color. If you are scarred of darker colors, this might be a great way to try out a deep red that is sheer and easy to get used to.
3) Buxom Lip Pencil: This tints like a stain, shines like a gloss, moisturizes like a balm, and plumps like nobody's business. A built-in sharpener makes this perfect for on the go or travel touch ups. Definitely a lot of color impact.
Last week, I happily added my two cents to an amazing list of beauty tips for women over 40. The blog Prime Beauty Blog put together a great post that not only includes some very cool beauty tricks, but gets its info from some of the top beauty bloggers around. Enjoy! "When trying to come up with some original beauty tips for this post, I fell short of inspiration so I enlisted the help of my awesome beauty blogger friends. I asked them for their best secrets for the over 40 crowd and here they are!"
- As we age, our eyelashes don’t grow as quickly so I use a heated eyelash curler to give me the appearance of longer, fuller lashes. ~ Prime Beauty
- Using a good primer that will help even out fine lines in the skin and give you a smooth surface to apply foundation. I recommend Laura Gellar Spackle Under Makeup-Primer or Too Faced Primed & Poreless. I also recommend Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Foundation if you need light to medium coverage. -Phyrra
- While you can’t completely erase sun damage on your face, you can fade how dark it appears by applying topical Vitamin C daily. Be sure to look for brands that use a stable form of Vitamin C, as unstable Vitamin C will oxidize, turn brown and render ineffective. My recommendation is Inviciblescars. A Girl’s Gotta Spa
- Try red LED light for anti-aging, even if wrinkles are not showing up yet. Red light devices are getting more and more affordable, and they work quite well to address not just fine line and wrinkles, but also discoloration. They can make your skin look brighter and healthier overall. It is a splurge item that is well worth the money. Beauty and Fashion Tech.
- See a dermatologist and see what kind of low to no downtime procedures that can improve your concerns. A heavy peel, micro dermabrasion, laser or DermaPen treatment can temporarily slow or stop the clock. See a dermatologist for a consult and see what might work for you! Gouldylox Reviews