Eye Makeup Ideas for Prom -- powered by ehow
The one thing I see a lot of times with prom makeup is that everyone wants to go for the smoky eye. The smokey eye can tend to be very dark and very harsh. What I like to do instead is pick a really gorgeous color such as a shimmery purple and use that to enhance the eye.
- Use a simple black liner on the top of the eye near the lash line and then apply the pigment.
- Choose a simple nice shimmery pigment, as these tend to blend well, and create a illuminated look for the eye. I chose a really beautiful bright purple shimmer pigment by OCC cosmetics.
- As you can see in the vidoe I'm keeping it close to the lash line where the black eyeliner is and with feather-like strokes slowly moving it up toward the center of the eye.
- This graduates the color so that the most intense part of the color is near the lash line. As you can see in the video, it instantly gives a really beautiful bright look that isn't as dark as most of the smoky eye looks for prom.
- By having a lighter color, enhancing that black liner it's a softer, more vibrant version of the smoky eye.
- To make it even more formal for your prom, take that color and with an eyeliner brush, bring it under the eye as close to the lash line as possible.
By using a deeper shimmer pigment instead of darker eye shadow colors, you get a soft romantic look that is still formal and a lot more fancy than the normal colors that you'd wear to school.