At the Oscars, Jennifer Aniston rocked a stunning red dress, and kept her signature boho hairstyle down and flowing. Her go to hair guy Chris McMillian provides the details below. Personally, I would have loved to see something different on her (maybe an updo? curls?). Regardless, I do respect someone who knows their style and comfort zone and doesn’t bow down to trends.
As a part of the ensemble cast of the Oscar-nominated film "Les Miserables," Samantha Barks was a stunner not only on the red carpet, but also during the cast's touching performance of the emotionally-charged medley from the film and into the night at the exclusive Oscar parties. In order to pull out the stops with Samantha's three different looks, go-to celebrity hairstylist Creighton Bowman of Exclusive Artists Management turned to René Furterer to create the modern styles."I could have only achieved these three looks using René Furterer products," Creighton says. "They gave me incredible diversity to interchange the textures without having to wash Samantha's hair each time." Read on to see how Creighton achieved Samantha's three Oscar-worthy looks.
GET THE LOOK:
Channeling Sophia Loren for the Red Carpet
« "For Samantha's red carpet look, we went for a modern take on the breath-taking allure of the legendary Sophia Loren," says Creighton. "The hair needed to be high and stunning to add to the knockout silhouette created by her black Valentino gown and Forever Mark jewels." Here's how Creighton achieved the sexy, textured updo.
« I began the look by applying René Furterer STRAIGHTENING GEL from roots to ends on towel-dried hair.
« Next, I applied René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing conditioning spray - no rinse and René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam - no rinse at the roots to tame any flyaways and to give the hair more lift.
« To give the hair extra shine and health, I worked a few drops of René Furterer KARITE leave-in nourishing cream into the ends.
« Next, I did a round brush blow dry with a small round brush. Using a 1" curling iron, I curled and clipped hair section by section, setting the hair in a classic pin curl set. Once the hair cooled, I took out the pin curls, brushed out the hair with a flat bristle brush. For height and texture, I back combed hair from the roots.
« I sprayed René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY onto my fingers and then ran my hands through Samantha's hair to keep the texture loose. Next, I pulled the hair up into a relaxed high knot at the crown. Last, I secured the updo with large hair pins. Samantha was ready for her moment on the red carpet.
Quick Change for Les Miserables Cast Performance
« For her stirring performance with fellow cast members including Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman and Amanda Seyfried, Samantha was all elegance in a svelte Jenny Packham gown. "We decided to go with a softer look to complement the easy glamour of Samantha's gown," says Creighton.
Personally, I think this was one of the best Oscars for beauty. The makeup was clean, elegant, and understated. I just adored the class of this years show! Olay’s Celebrity Makeup Artist, Bruce Grayson, chimed in and names the top 3 beauty trends seen at last night’s 85th Academy Awards and gives tips on how to emulate the look:
· WOW! Eyes: “Classic Hollywood eyes are created by incorporating just the right amount of drama and finishing off with a strong lash. I like to prep lashes with the new Olay Regnerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Serum and Lash Duo, because the serum works to instantly thicken and nourish, while separating the lashes for easy mascara application, laying the base for ultra-sexy eyes.”
o To create a bold smoky eye, I suggest creating a dark glossy eyelid in blue or gray to create depth, and finish with a few swipes of lash-enhancing mascara. And don’t forget your brows! Create highly defined, dense brows to accentuate your eyes.
o Celebs who has an eye moment: Jennifer Lawrence, Amanda Seyfried
· Luminous Skin: “Glowing, flawless skin was seen on virtually every woman at last night’s Oscars. Skin prep is essential to create this look (deep cleansing, exfoliation and moisturization is the key to ensure a fabulous complexion). I always recommend Olay’s Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution as a tool for creating smooth skin.”
o I recommend mixing a highlighter with foundation to create a subtle overall glow – or for a more pronounced shimmer, use the highlighter as a final step on the cheeks, nose and along the brow bones
o Celebs who rocked luminous skin: Reese Witherspoon, Charlize Theron
Did you love the brows you saw on the crimson rug? We’ve got the scoop on this too. Anastasia Soare, founder of Anastasia Beverly Hills is known as The Definitive Brow and Eye Expert and made over the brows at the Oscars for Mary Steenburgen, Leighton Meester, Oprah Winfrey, Laura Dern, Kate Capshaw, Julie Chen, Jason Schwartzman, Jennifer Lopez, and Heidi Klum. Anastasia tells us here how you can achieve these looks at home:
“Jennifer Lopez is always so glamorous, she maintains a high arch brow and loves to use highlighter along her brow bone. To achieve her look, fill in your brows using Medium Ash brow powder and finish off the look with Brow Duality pencil in Lace along your brow bone.”
Radiant skin doesn't happen overnight, not even for celebrities. Hollywood starlets have a team of beauty pros to keep them camera-ready year round.
For those of us on a budget, celebrity skincare guru Jenefer Palmer shares her secrets to getting Oscar-worthy skin for any special event.
1 week before:
- Brighten! Applying OSEA’s White Algae Mask for deep hydration will even out skin tones leaving skin bright and tight!
- De-bloat! Reduce facial and stomach bloating by avoiding extra sodium. Your body needs to maintain its proper sodium balance; consuming excess salt leads to fluid retention.
- Scrub! Use OSEA’s Salts of the Earth Scrub three times to soften and heal dry, dehydrated skin. Certified Organic botanical oils and aromatic mineral salts plump up the skin, enticing it to soak up nutrients and look more youthful. (Olivia Wilde says, “This is the best body scrub I've ever used.”)
- Sleep! Make it a priority to go to bed at the same time every night. Getting 8 hours of sleep will reduce tired lines under the eye. Avoid alcohol, caffeine or anything else that disrupts your natural sleep cycle.