This month I was asked to collaborate with Refinery29 and Almay to promote the Almay Intense I-Color Collection, which was kismit, because I have been eyeing these shades for quite some time.
Almay has always been a favorite line of mine, since the products are always sensitive skin friendly, and VERY easy to use. This is a makeup line that wants to make makeup application easy, and I love them for it.
The shades that were sent to me were for blue eyes, and I was instantly impressed with the color selection. Normally I tend to stay away from brighter blues, but I instantly fell in love with the build-ability of the eyeshadows. You can take these bright colors and create a multitude of different looks. The eyeshadows are buildable, so you can go from sheer to intense with just a few strokes.
For daytime I loved the nude shades that were easy to blend, and worked well for any event. If you are trying to use the colors for everyday errands, than simply use a single application for a sheer wash of color. For a more intense work look, layer one or two applications to build the color to a more sophisticated intensity.
For nighttime, I loved that they invite you to try a deep, gorgeous royal blue. This is a color that I normally don't recommend...but I fell in love. The blue is soft and sheer, so it looks stunning when layered on top of a black eyeliner. Perfect to up the ante on your normal smokey eye. You can't overdue the intensity, which makes it perfect for a softer version of the bright eyeshadow color trends.
Samples of Almay Intense I-Color collection were provided by Almay.
This post is sponsored by Refinery 29
Today's question is how to do a smoky eye with false eyelashes. For this question I'm assuming that you already have your false eyelashes applied and you just kind of want to boost up that look and finish it off and make it smoky and sexy for the evening. So, on our lovely model Shay the eyelashes are already applied. I applied half lashes on the corner to give a nice cat eye effect.
- Now to give this look a boost and to really give it that sultry sexy smoky look, all you need is one simple product. You need a shadow pencil. The chubbier, the more jumbo the better.
- I love these because they make a smoky eye in one simple step. And you want to be careful when you're using false eyelashes to avoid a shadow because when a shadow falls on the false eyelashes, it changes the color and it's really kind of hard to get off. So an eye shadow pencil skips that step skips that mess and makes it easy. Let's show you how it looks.
- As you can see, we're going to smoke out the eye a little more. I chose a deep brown shadow and I'm going over the already purple highlighted color we have which will make it a really beautiful kind of intense mauve.
- The great thing about these jumbo eye shadow pencils is that you can blend them and continue to layer them until you get the desired effect you want.
- Because it's in a pencil form you don't have to worry about that eye shadow fall out messing with your false eyelashes.
That's how you pump up your normal eye shadow look, get a sexy, smoky eye if you've already had your eyelashes applied without messing the, up. All you need is one product!
I am a sucker for eyeliners. I am a true believer that they can pull your look from blah to bravo in an instant. My only major qualifications for an eyeliner are that they must be waterproof and the pencil should provide a smooth application. Even a teeny gust of wind will have my eyes watering and god forbid I see a sad movie…without a waterproof formula, I would have makeup meltdown and end up looking like Baby Jane! Not a pretty site.