The key to look polished but not overdone is:
- keep your foundation look clean
- keeping the eye makeup simple with a little bit of enhancement on the lashes
- have a little bit of bronzer to add warmth to your face and a really beautiful soft pink blush to add some brightness and make you look more awake.
- And the final tip would be to add a soft pink gloss to brighten up the entire look.
When you want to look polished, you don't want colors that are too loud or harsh. You want the face to look soft, romantic and bright. As you can see in the video, we've added some extra lashes on the corner of her eye, just to give that extra bit of enhancement. This is the perfect look for going out in the evening or even for a nice work function where you have to be a little bit dressed up with your makeup routine.
by Christina Farrell
Tagged 5 min face, Easy Holiday Makeup, easy makeup, easy makeup tips, Easy Office Makeup, holiday makeup, How to Look Polished, How to Look Polished but not Overdone, It Cosmetics, Office Makeup, quick and easy makeup, The 5 Min Face, Tom Ford Beauty
This is such a great, classic look! I love the take on the bright red lip, using one of my favorite lines, Jouer. Below is a full breakdown of Nina's fiery look, created by Celebrity Makeup Artist, Beau Nelson and Celebrity Hairstylist, Riawna Capri.
“I wanted to keep Nina looking fresh and sophisticated, so I decided to echo her dress color in her lips. I kept the rest of the face neutral and softly contoured emphasizing her perfect skin and beautiful bone structure." - Beau Nelson
Brows were an important focal point. I used Anastasia Brow Pencil in Dark Brown and Brow Powder in Taupe to define brows leaving them soft but strong.
I used Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint mixed with Armani Designer Lift to perfect already beautiful skin and covered any redness using Cinema Secrets Concealer.
Cheeks were contoured with Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate and Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. I used NARS Multiple in South Beach to add a little bit of bronze glow to the face.
Nina applied her own individual flash lashes with her fingers (amazing!) and I coated them and her natural lashes with a light cost of L’Oreal Carbon Black Mascara.
Lips took center stage with Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Ava, which I applied with an Urban Decay lip brush for precision.
The final touch was MAC Clear Lipglass on eyelids to make them look almost plastic coated, which I found to be an interesting contrast of texture between her satin texture skin and her semi matte vivid red orange.”
“The back of Nina’s [Zuhair Murad] dress had an intricate and cool design with a tassel tie hanging from the back, and we wanted to be able to show that off. We opted for a texturized high ponytail with lots of volume.” – Riawna Capri
- First, Capri gave Dobrev a beautiful, voluminous blow out with a ROUND brush to give the hair the perfect foundation to create a ponytail with lots of texture.
- Before blowing out the hair, Capri applied Garnier Fructis Sky-Hi Volume Mousse to damp hair to ensure maximum volume is achieved in the blow out.
- Next, Capri put TWO BIG ROLLERS IN THE BANG AREA to give extra lift at the roots and sprayed it with Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hair Spray before pulling the hair back into a high ponytail using A HOOK RUBBERBAND.
- To hide the ponytail hook, Capri took a small piece of hair, braided it into a skinny braid and wrapped it around the ponytail hook.
- Capri used a 1 1/4 Hot Tools NexGen Curling Iron to curl the hair vertically, but leaving the ends a bit straight.
- She then used Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Texture Tease Dry Touch Finish Spray all over the ponytail to give it body.
- Afterwards, Capri split the ponytail in half so she could tease the top sections of the ponytail and give it a lift.
- Once the ponytail look was in place, Capri teased the roots of Dobrev’s hair and gave her bangs some volume by using the end of a tail comb to help lift the hair around the crown.
- Finally, for the perfect, healthy glow finish and control the flyaways, Capri set the entire look with Garnier Fructis Full Control Anti-Humidity Spray.