Katy Perry's VMA look tonight was quintessential Katy. Bright red lips, black liquid liner and big lashes!
Celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey shared how he got her prepped for the night!
- I first prepped her skin and then matched her skin tone to COVERGIRL’s Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation in Warm Beige and began by buffing a thin layer all over her face and neck using a flat tipped, soft bristled kabuki style brush for a seamless airbrushed effect.
- I highlighted her under eye area and cheekbones with Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer in light/medium.
- I began her eye makeup by blending a warm brown shadow, Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Scorching Cocoa into the crease of her eyelids and a pearlescent white shadow Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Blazing White onto her eyelid and browbone for highlights.
- I also dusted some of that same pearlescent shadow onto the ridge of her cheekbones for an extra glow.
- I then created a sharp jet black cat eye using Bombshell Intensity Liner.
- I finished the eye look with several coats of Bombshell Volume Mascara.
CHEEKS and LIPS:
- I then sculpted her cheekbones using the darker shade from the COVERGIRL’s Clean Glow Blush compact and added warmth to the apples of her cheeks with the paler peachier shades in the compact.
- I completed the look by lining her lips with LipPerfection Lip Liner in Hot and the matching LipPerfection Lip Color shade in Hot 305.
- I topped the lipstick with a coat of Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Crystal Flame for a metallic sheen.
- Just before she left I dusted her with a touch of Ready, Set, Gorgeous Powder in light/medium to keep her looking fresh for the red carpet.