I adore and have always adored Julia Louis Dryfus and her hysterical comedic timing. But, I have also admired her consistently timeless looks on the red carpet. Sunday was no different. She was classic in a red Narcisco Rodriguez gown, and subtle makeup. Get the details on her look below: SKIN:
- Votre Vu Attentive Crème du Jour was used to prep the skin while the Amour D’Ore Multi-Vitamin Oil was placed applied to her body before hair and nails to ensure that it had time to absorb into the skin.
- I also applied a little bit of the Luxee Yeux as well around the eye contour.
- I applied the Love Me Deux Foundation in Cannes to the entire face and concealed the under eye with a mixture of the Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Light and Medium.
- I also used the Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Light all over the lids and applied powder on top of it to ensure that the eyeshadows lasted all night. I like to apply eyeliner first to create the shape I want in the eye and then shadow on top of that.
- I used Le Joli Crayon in Charbon and pushed it in between the lashes, then started with a very thin line in the inner eye, gradually getting thicker towards the outside. I added a little wing on the corners to give the eyes a lift.
- To create a popping eye, I used Votre Vu’s Palette in Play in Copper.
- The lightest vanilla shadow was placed towards the inside of the eye and the lighter copper color was brushed over about ¾ of the outside lid.
- I also, very lightly, lined the inside of the eye with a burgundy color. The darker copper color in the Palette in Play was also placed close to the bottom lashes underneath the eye.
- To finish off the eyes, I used Eiffel Power Mascara as well as some individual lashes.
CHEEKS AND LIPS:
This week has been great for new makeup looks from Sundance showing how to rock a winter glow. Today’s’ breakdown is from the lovely Kate Bosworth, whose makeup at last night’s “BIG SUR” premiere at Sundance was provided by makeup artist Kelsey Deenihan. Enjoy!
GET THE LOOK:
koh gen do moisture foundation in 123
NARS powder foundation in Light 1
apples of cheeks- NARA Gina
If you haven't heard by now, I am a huge musical theater buff. Huge. So, it is needless to say that I am a fan of the TV show Smash. For an hour every week, I get to live vicariously through the TV. Luckily, the first hour of the drama’s two-hour season premiere can be seen early online through several outlets, including NBC.com, Hulu, iTunes, Amazong, Xbox, and On Demand. Thank you, TV Gods!
If you haven't seen it already, “Smash” is set in the world of New York Theater, starring Megan Hilty, Katherine McPhee, Debra Messing, Christian Borle, and Angelica Huston. Guest stars this season include Jennifer Hudson who makes her first appearance in the preview. The season premiere airs on February 5th on NBC.
I must admit I was thrilled when I received the beauty breakdown for the star Megan Hilty. She is such a phenomenal singer. Another reason I loved this breakdown is that is uses some of the exact products used on Alicia Keys from yesterday's post! It just proves that the right products can be universal. Enjoy!
GET THE LOOK
“For Megan’s look, we wanted to keep her face soft and simple and make her eyes the focus since she is wearing a gorgeous bold red dress.
This is a premium membership content!
The Makeup Sessions Membership brings together my experience as a professional makeup artist, as well as creating a beauty hub where the worlds best makeup artists spill their secrets. I believe you deserve to know how to look your most beautiful with significantly less effort than ever before!
When you're a member, you get:
- Let the makeup blogger team scour the web for you and bring you the best beauty secrets from celebrity makeup artists
- How to recreate celebrity looks for the real world….and in less time.
- View interviews with prominent makeup artists
- Have direct access to the team of beauty experts
Find out more about the membership here
“For the look of Alicia’s surprise appearance at the premiere of ‘The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete,’ we wanted to go for a very simple, fresh and modern look.”
I first applied the Votre Vu Love Me Deux in St. Tropez.
Then I lightly dusted the peachy pink blush from the Beaute en Bronze blush/bronzer duo.
This gave her a very natural, glowing flush because the blush has gorgeous light shimmer in it.