During the ridiculously cold winter months, I always tell my clients that revamping your skincare routine is the key to fantastic looking skin that glows. Even a few minor changes can make a huge difference in your skin, and help protect it from the drying winds, and harsh weather. You can easily maximize the time you spend on your beauty habits by adding these extra products into your daily practice. I am a huge proponent of using products that give you the biggest bang for your buck, and help to keep your skin moisturized, even when you are short on time.1) Try a dry oil that works on your skin, face, and hair! Argan Oil is the newest beauty craze that has taken the industry by storm, because of its healing qualities, and superb nourishing benefits. This all-in-one elixir does wonders to replenish lost moisture, due to its extremely high levels of Vitamin E . This makes it perfect for healing many skin ailments, such as weather burn, cracked cuticles, rosacea, and more. I even use this oil on my split ends to help restore the luster in my hair. My current product of choice is the fantastic Josie Maran Argan Oil line.
2) Most people forget about taking the time in the shower to pamper yourself and care for your skin. My number-one tip is to maximize the time you spend in the shower by using a deeply nourishing body wash (that can also double as a shaving cream!). The heat and steam of the shower make it the perfect time to relax and hydrate those dry areas on our bodies that go neglected. Utilize a loofah, or sponge, and lather up with a skin softening body cleanser. My product choice is Dove Nutrium Deep Moisture Body Wash.
This post was sponsored and originally posted on www.bellasugar.com
This is a premium membership content!
The Makeup Sessions Membership brings together my experience as a professional makeup artist, as well as creating a beauty hub where the worlds best makeup artists spill their secrets. I believe you deserve to know how to look your most beautiful with significantly less effort than ever before!
When you're a member, you get:
- Let the makeup blogger team scour the web for you and bring you the best beauty secrets from celebrity makeup artists
- How to recreate celebrity looks for the real world….and in less time.
- View interviews with prominent makeup artists
- Have direct access to the team of beauty experts
Find out more about the membership here
5 Winter Beauty Tips From a Celebrity Makeup Artist
By Brooke Glaser for Beauty & Confidence
Even if you love a winter wonderland, your skin may not. The chilly, dry air and shorter days can bring on a dry, dull complexion. In my job as a celebrity makeup artist, I have a few tricks up my sleeve to help you appear glowing all year long.
The secret is having the right products to create the perfect look. Here are the five that I swear by:
1. A healing ointment. A tube of Aquaphor does triple-duty against chapped skin. I always have a tube on hand to soothe dry lips, hydrate rough patches of skin and soften cuticles. It especially works wonders if you apply it before bedtime. I always have a tube on hand.
2. Tinted moisturizer. Many women make the mistake of reaching for a heavier cover-up during the winter, believing that their pale complexions need extra coverage. But this can lead to a caked-on look. Instead, I recommend a light tinted moisturizer: It hydrates and brightens at the same. The result: Dewy skin that stands out in the crowd. Simply use a shade or two lighter than your summer color, and apply with a sponge brush. Then pat off any excess product with a tissue.