Today's question is how to get max coverage without looking cakey. Well, this is actually a question I get a lot because people who have any type of scarring or acne or uneven skin tone want full coverage but don't want to look like they are wearing a lot of makeup.
So, one of my number one tips is to look for products that are made for high definition cameras. These provide the most coverage while looking the most natural. I also prefer to use a cream base concealer/foundation. This gives you a lot of coverage and it's two products in one. I'll show you what it looks like in the video above.
- The great thing about working with a cream foundation is that it's very buildable. The coverage can start off heavy and then you can sheer it out with your brush or even if you prefer your fingertips.
- Now remember, when doing a full coverage foundation to not forget the neck. This is key. Because you are doing a fuller coverage foundation you want to make sure that the foundation looks smooth and that the skin is uniform.
- The next trick once you've finished with your coverage is to use an illuminating translucent powder. This will really help to soften up the look of a full coverage foundation. I like to buff it onto the skin in circular motions. This also helps to blend while you are applying. Because the powder has an illuminating light reflecting quality to it, it's not going to look dry, matte or cakey on the skin. Look for the key words light reflecting and soft focus finish and that's it.
Remember to look for products that are made for high definition television or HD television and a powder that has an illuminating or soft focus filter quality to it and that will help you get the most coverage without looking like you are wearing a lot of makeup.
Today's question is how do I achieve beautiful eyes and sexy lips. Well, it's really easy. With beautiful eyes, you want to focus on a simple smoky look that's not too dark. You want to veer away from the blacks and the grays and instead focus on some beautiful maroons, bronze and plums. These colors universally pop out the look of the eye, and really look gorgeous and very sexy. I'll show you in the video above how the plum looks. As well, with lips you want to do a soft lip gloss that is a little bit darker than your natural lip color and gives you that perfect looking sexy pout. Let me show you how to do it.
- We're going to use this matte deep plum which will blend well with the bronze colors that are already on her eye. Another great benefit of this is it's an easy way to take your look from day to night.
- Next, take a little bit of that eye shadow that you were still using and bring it under the eye just on those outer corners. You don't want to take it all the way in or it will really look a little bit dark. So just by keeping it right here you give that tiny bit of sexiness and smokiness to the eye.
- Next, you want to use a nude gloss that's a little bit brighter than your natural lip color and this is a great way to plump up the lips without overpowering the face.
As you can see this was a really simple way to pump up the eyes, make them look sexy and also get a sexy pout as well. By adding one nice really deep color to your everyday makeup look, you can instantly have that beautiful smoky eye and sexy lip.
Today's question is, "How to get dark eyes like Taylor Swift? Well, Taylor Swift is one of the most popular singers around right now and her look is always very classic yet smoky, sensual and defined. Another thing that she's known for is her red lips. So, on the model above, I've created the base of the red lips, clean skin, a pop of pink cheeks and the base to start the smoky eye.
As you can see here, we've already got the basic foundation of Taylor Swift's look. We have the red lips, the clean fair-skin and a beautiful pink cheek.
- So, now with the eyes, the one thing you want to take note of is Taylor Swift's dark eyes are always a brown, bronze or deep mahogany base.
- There's never any cool colors; they're very very warm. And the other thing that she's known for is her black liquid eyeliner. That's the thing that really completes and sets this look.
- Now, with our model, we've started this look with a deep brown bronze as a base. We've also added a little bit of a mauve brown into the crease to smoke it up.
- To finish this look, we're going to use a black felt tip liquid liner. You want to pull the eye taut and start your liquid liner at the base of the lash line. This is the easiest way to do it. Always have the pointed felt tip towards the edge of the eye and towards the opposite direction of where you're pulling. Keep it as close to the lash line as possible. Now, as you can see, I'm going over slowly in tiny increments to really make sure that I get that line clean. You don't have to do it all in one step.
So, there you go, the simple black line that gives that Taylor Swift dark and smoky eye look.
Today's question is how to apply makeup after 60 years old. Well, our lovely model here is in her 50s, but it's the same type of makeup application and the same theory.
As you can see in the video above, you want to keep the makeup soft and glowing, fresh colors such as peaches, bronze, apricots and a softly defined eye, is what's really going to create a youthful look for the face.
Another trick is to avoid powder; if you have any oiliness, as you can see right here, we used a soft pore-refining and oil-minimizing gel, that should replace powder. Powder can tend to cake and dry out on drier skin or more mature skin.
Here, we have a light-reflecting concealer and also a little bit of a highlighter on the cheekbones to uplift the face and give it a really beautiful soft-lit glow. The eyes are defined with a little bit of bronze and dark brown matte eyeliner.
The lips, finally, are a bright, but soft, apricot-peachy lip gloss to create that fullness and that youthful look. Very simple, very clean, dewy and elegant. You want the face to look lit from within, radiant and youthful.
Today's question is how to perfect a nude lip with just foundation.
Well, the first thing is you want to make sure that your foundation is not a matte formula.
- You want a foundation that is preferably a luminous finish. Which means it has a little bit of a glow to it.
- And something that is a sheer formulation as well so it doesn't look cakey or dry on the lips.
- I prefer to use a tinted moisturizer slash foundation to give the lips some moisture and a little bit of shine.
- When you are applying this use a lip brush at all times. And as you can see because this is sheer it's not going to look as heavy as a normal matte foundation formula would. This is still going to give the look of a nude lip yet it's not going to dry out the lips or wash out the face.
- Add a gloss to create an even more perfect nude pout.
Today's question is how to give yourself a complete rocker makeover. Well, as you can see in the video above, we've already done a mini rocker makeover with our lovely model creating exaggerated theatrical eyes with lashes, a deep black eyeliner and some glitter but now I'm going to show you how to take it to that next level and really make it intense.
- We're going to go over the black eyeliner with a deep black matte eye shadow that has a tint of blue in it to really bring out her blue eyes.
- We're going to go very heavy with this and take this all the way around the eye.
- Now, when you are using darker colors you want to make sure that you have a brush on hand to wipe away any shadow fall out.
- The great thing about having the glitter underneath is that it shines through and adds a great depth to this eye look.
- Next, I'm going to take a cranberry eye shadow and blend into this crease to really make sure it's getting that extra drama.
- Cranberry eye shadow is a great way to add intensity to any smoky eye look. Now, with an eyeliner brush go under the eye with that same dark blue eye shadow. It's a very pretty but still intense rocker look as you can see.
- The great thing about this is you can keep adding more for whatever intensity you like. Now we're going to finish the other eye and then complete the look with a dark burgundy lip.
- Now that we're done with the second eye, we're going to jump right into the lips. I'm going to add a dark, really beautiful burgundy color to complete this rocker look.
There you go, a complete rocker look. Remember to try different colors, burgundies, cranberries, deep black blues and play with it. As always, keep the base of the liner black and work from there.
Today's question is, "how to remove dark rings and wrinkles from around the eyes".
Well, the first tip in regards to dark circles or rings, is that you want to find a concealer that has a salmon base, or peach-toned base. This will help to correct any darkness or that blue undertone that creates those dark circles and rings. As far as the wrinkles go, a good concealer that has anti-aging ingredients and properties in it will really help to give you that two-punch pop of hiding dark circles, and making sure that those wrinkles look flawless.
In the video above, I'm gonna show you on our lovely model here how you can do just that. Now as you can see, the concealer used has a really beautiful orange salmon base. So it's going to lighten up any darkness around her eyes. I'm using a concealer brush to really blend. And I'm focusing most of that color on the inner corners where most of the darkness shows through. You can see how that instantly gives a lighter look and a fresher look to the face.
A lovely bright pink blush, like this one, which is a beautiful light berry tone, helps to brighten up the face, and distract from any discoloration around the wrinkles. And there you go, a quick and easy way to disguise any dark rings or circles and potential wrinkles around your eye area. Just make sure your concealer is a salmon or peach tone base, and add a little pop of pink on the cheeks to brighten up your eyes.